Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a o/r x and flow super 44's welded in on my 01 gt. Most say flow mufflers shouldnt be used with a o/r x pipe. So what should I get to go with my o/r x pipe that will sound the best besides my super 44's? here is what mine sounds like not my car but we both have the exact same sound set-up?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
If you like it forget what someone else says. I ran an o/r x with flows for a bit but I had hi flow cats welded in to clean the sound up and it did in a major way the rasp/rattle sound between 2000-2800rpm is no longer there with the cats on.also went with 10series instead of the old 40s I had.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I dont care what people think all the time but wanna know what sound the best with a o/r xpipe whether it be something weld in or a specific catback?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Alot will say x with a str8 thru muffler and H with a chambered muffler. I went with the 10series flow bc its almost str8 through but yet its still chambered barley.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
try this setup. full bassani.. with cats

or this one, o/r X with stingers

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
how do you like the sound right now. Bc someone else cant pick the best sound for you they can only pick the best sound for themselves/their ear. I will say catted x and 10series flows bc thats what I run and love it but the next man/woman may hate my setup. so how do You like the current sound of your exhaust. I heard video #1 a few years ago and loved that sound and ended up getting an o/r x. and notice I said catted x and 10 series flows bc i see that vodeo you have of the o/r x and 10s and thats a bit much for my ears/taste. but he may love it though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
o have a upr x pipe and cherry bombs(installed when i bought the car) but i actually like the sound ill get around to getting a video and posting it

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
people are always going to have there opinion on what sounds better. some people like their car sounding deeper others like it more raspy. personaly raspy is the known mustang sound. a good in the middle muffler is the mac flowpaths, but i really like the moroso spiral flows as well but they are real loud.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts