Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so im looking to upgrade the rear of my car and the suspension a bit and just want your guys opinions on what i have found so far. So ive got 3:73 frpp in right now. im looking to add this Ford Racing 8.8 in 31 Spline Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential w/ Carbon Discs at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!, with these Moser 31 Spline Mustang Axles for 8.8in Rear w/ Studs (99-04 GT, Bullitt, & Mach 1) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!. other then oil is that all i will need? and as for the suspension im thinking of adding the eibach sway bar kit with the eibach damper kit to my eibach pro-kit. and im thinking of lca and uca. now this is where im confused, which are a good brand for those (lca/uca) the car will never see a track i just want some better traction. I may forge my internals at some point, so im gonna finish the suspension and rear first. Any suggestions would be great. thanks

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
If you will not see the track, are you interested in BOTH off-the-line, as well as, twisty traction?

If so, this is a VERY important step, so need to consider LCA's/UCA's very carefully so you don't harm your twisty experience.

LMK

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah mostly off the line, but i love being able to take corners quickly

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
yeah mostly off the line, but i love being able to take corners quickly
I would recommend some good poly/spherical LCA's (MM, UPR are good, Griggs is better) so that would be the best place to start for rear suspension. The next step, really begins with where you want to end. If you see yourself really getting into keeping the rear-end under control whether it be drifting or taking a fast corner, you would be best served by a PHB/Torque-arm set up. If you are not so interested in such things, would recommend a UPR Pro Series adjustable/spherical UCA to free up the rear end for proper suspension action. Either of these will really help you keep the tires on the ground in a corner or 1/4 mile. The PHB/TA set-up will a bit better for the 1/4, but not worth it if that would be the ONLY improvement you were seeking.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts