Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive kept an eye on the sludge stuff in my oil. Whenever i check the oil theres yellow crap on the bottom of the dipstick. ive decided to do somthing about it. What should i do? My dad swears by marvil mystery oil, and i know its good stuff, but i want opinions on what to use and to go about cleaning.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
1/3 pint Seafoam. Few mile, non high rpm drive. Change oil. Repeat when next oil change is due, and the next to finish off the can. What oil you use? Penzoil will sludge quicker than most if not changed regularly.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You sure this 'yellow' stuff isn't from antifreeze?
I know it is. It leaked bad but i fixed it and changed oil, but the stuff is still sticken around. I just want to clean it out

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im p
trololololol:screwy:

bye bye bearings. nice to have known ya'.
Im pretty sure bearings are fine. Wasnt leaking long and i fixed it quick. I havent heard any bad noises after fixing it

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Your baby has cholesterol.

You might have stopped it leaking onto the driveway, but how was the yellow stuff getting into the oil to begin with? Thats what you need to be worried about. If it is indeed coolant the bearings are on borrowed time. May as well be using sand in there. If you had sludge in the oil, thats not a good thing either.

Change the oil a bit more frequently than usual for a bit to see if that yellow stuff goes away as you dont want whatever it is passing through anymore than it already has. Without knowing what it is, id start saving for a rebuild.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Can you be more specific about the actual problem? The whole question and description is very vague, as well what was the coolant problem you fixed?

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The intake manifold was leaking oil bad so i changed the gasket. When i did this some antifreeze got in the oil. I changed the oil after i got done fixing the intake leak. it didnt get much antifreeze in the oil

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Just change the oil again, should be fine. Get it hot first and I'd jack up the rear before draining the front pan though, just so you get it all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts