Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So for some reason I couldn't update my previous thread.
But anyway, I have a 2006 mustang and this is the sub system I am wanting to get. Please let me know your opions about it, and if you think it'll sound awesome (;
I read all the reviews on the products and they all are good. I was going to be charged $300 a sub, and $650 dollars for a 1000 watt amp from a 'professional' audio store. Anyway, all of this comes out (With box included/Extended warranty) to $661. So I think I win (;
Anyway, heres the links;
Sub(x2) - Rockford Fosgate P3D2-12 (P3D212) 12" Dual 2 ohm Punch P3 Sub
Amp - Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D(R12001D) 1200W 1-Chan Class D Prime Amp
Also, I got a new Pioneer x4500BT headunit installed a few weeks ago. Also getting my windows tinted 16% (;
All input is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds a lot like mine! but with all bass your going to need to replace the door speakers. I have had those speakers before and if you have them turned up all you hear is bass. gets annoying after awhile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should sound good. I wound say upgrade to the punch amp for better sound. RF has 3 brands of items Prime, punch, power. Prime being the lowest. Punch midrage. Power very best.

zzzzzooooooommmmmm

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys!
What speakers would you actually recommend for mine then? Or would tweekers be better? I'm still new to this, sorry lol.
Also, I kinda like this amp. I don't need a HUGE hitting amp, I don't wanna tare apart my car just yet lol, plus I think these are pretty nice. I actually have the wrong subs for the amp, though. Since the subs are 2ohm I can't wire them to 1ohm with this amp to get 1200watts/amp. I'm only getting 600watts/amp. So i'm exchanging for the 4ohm sub (Same everything but ohm) and will wire it to 1ohm for 1200+watts/sub. So that should be pretty bad ass for what I paid (;

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
1ohm is pretty serious. hope that amp can handle it. i know it sayd it can do 1200w at 1 ohm but theres not many amps that can handle 1 ohm continuously for a good tamount of time. if you get those i would run it at 2ohms. it will still hit pretty hard. personally i have always lived by the jlaudio 500/1 paired with a w6 sub. both those can be found used for pretty good money. rockfords not bad for the price they cost new. as for speakers i would recommend some polk audios or alpines as both are pretty decent for what they cost. get some components for the front and reg speakers for the rear. wire em all up to a 4 channel amp so you can tune out the lows were needed to your not running highs mids and lows to all speakers. you dont wanna blow any speakers. not sure how loud you listen to music or what type. the 4 channel will allow you to listen to the music louder while still being clear rather than trying to run em off the mere 18w that most radios put out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really?? Dang, I'll have to ask sonicelectronix about the amp handling 1ohm then. :\
Would it be better if I got an amp that goes better with my 2ohm subs rather then get the 4ohm subs? I know it'll cost a lot more, I just spent all this money and I just want a nice sounding system. I guess i'll have to also save up for some nice speakers as well. Would I only need like a 250-400watt amp for the 4 speakers then? I found this speaker/tweeter combo off of SE - Infinity 680.9cs 6" x 8" 2-way Kappa Series Component System Then I guess I could just get something cheap for the rear since I am on a budget at the moment. :\
Thanks again for everyones input! I appreciate it

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
theres a lot of different things you could do. and im not saying you couldnt run that amp at 1 ohm im just saying i dont have personal experience with that specific one but know some lower amps are better off run at 2ohms. even some 4ohm subs wired down to 2 ohms will sound good. but like i said the jl audio 500/1 kicks ass with any sub. its all in what you want and what you already bought??????
as for those speakers. they should sound pretty good running off an amp. you only need an amp that will run around the same rms as the speakers. with my type rs i have a alpine frv-540 thats rated 80x4rms and it sounds pretty damm good no matter how loud i go. i also run components front and rear with that. my buddy has polk audios running off a jbl 4 channel and his sounds right up with mine.
also if you cant afford decent rear speakers just yet id wait. you dont wanna buy things twice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh gotcha. Sonicelectronix said I should be able to wire my two subs (The ones I will be exchanging for) at 1ohm. They only said that the amp will just be hotter than running it at 4ohm. I'm still new to all of this, I don't know how the people wired my subs in my system. They just told me they can't wire it to 1ohm for the full potential since I bought 2ohm subs and they don't go with the amp I purchased. So if I got the 4ohm sub (Same brand) I can wire it to 1ohm for 1200watts/sub or maybe even 2ohm for 800watts/sub. I just don't know how to do any of this, lol.
Ahh, gotcha. I'll hold off on the speakers for now, i'm kinda low on cash at the moment but I will keep all of that information in mind, thank you so much again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the information, guys! I ran into a dilemma now. Sonicelectronix just refunded me my money instead of exchanging it with the other subs. No biggy, actually quite happy they did that. Now i'm wondering if I should go for the same subs but the 4ohm ones, or should I get these JL's?
JL Audio 12W3v3-4 (12W3v34) 12" Single 4 ohm W3v3 Subwoofer
Also, is it worth spending $200 to dynamat the trunk of my car? Or is there a cheaper way?
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts