Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i will be painting my front bumper soon and thought i might try and get a rear bumper ad well. Which do you think would look better with a 99/01 cobra front, a termi rear or a saleen.

I bought this 99/01 cobra front bumper a while back and it came with no clips. Will my gt clips work? Also is the sve chin spoiler long enough to fit the whole length of the bumper since its longer than the oem spoiler?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sve chin wont fit perfect but it looks fine. i have it on my 99 cobra bumper
Do you have any close ups? I thought about doing something like the guy that redesigned the spoiler on his blue gt ( you might have no clue what im talking about)

Read what I just wrote....The retainers are the same...:)
What did you just write? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so which would look better with a 99/01 cobra front?

or

should i get side skirts to go with or just stick with the gt?

·
Registered
255 Posts
You don't have a Saleen or Cobra, so I'd go with the stock GT for the rear. It'll look great. Also, I have the SVE chin spoiler, I thought it fit really well. What is yours doing, Siko?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not worried about not having a saleen or a cobra, you have a mach 1 chin spoiler on your car and its not a mach... i'm just saying.

i'm wanting to change up the looks to make it stand out from among all the other stangs around me. thats why i bought a 99/01 cobra bumper instead of a termi. i just want something unique that i can show pride in. plus its not like i'm putting cobra/svt badges on the car

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
I would stay away from the Saleen, you could get away with the Cobra though.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
i think the cobra looks better. i had one but sold it.. i like how it shows the tires a lot. also you needa put on an irs catback. if you can get the skirts, get em. they look awesome.

my chin just doesnt go all the way back. maybe like a half inch on both sides too short. doesnt bother me though

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've got a Mach chin, but it doesn't say Mach. You'd definitely be badging the car by putting "Saleen" or "Cobra" across the rear. See what I mean? There's no problem with taking styling from other cars(front bumper covers, scoops, spoilers, hoods, ect), I personally don't like Fobra's or any of that stuff. Do what you want to your car, it's yours to play with and have fun with.:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
my chin just doesnt go all the way back. maybe like a half inch on both sides too short. doesnt bother me though
That's really strange. Mine goes all the way back and is flush. Maybe they revised it or something, mine is fairly new.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think the cobra looks better. i had one but sold it.. i like how it shows the tires a lot. also you needa put on an irs catback. if you can get the skirts, get em. they look awesome.

i plan to do an irs swap in the not too distant future so that will be good.

also siko2 has a 99/01 cobra front vs jd00gt has a gt front. problem solved.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got a Mach chin, but it doesn't say Mach. You'd definitely be badging the car by putting "Saleen" or "Cobra" across the rear. See what I mean? There's no problem with taking styling from other cars(front bumper covers, scoops, spoilers, hoods, ect), I personally don't like Fobra's or any of that stuff. Do what you want to your car, it's yours to play with and have fun with.:)
oh dont you worry i wont have a fobra:naughty: just a BAD A$$:llama gt with a sweet rear bumper and an irs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts