Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently picked up a 89gt. its bone stock nothing done to it all. it also an aod trans. what would i have to do to make the car run low to high 12's. i already have a set of 373 gears need to be installed and bought bbk shorty headers and o/r h pipe and flow master mufflers. what else needs to be done to make my goal work? any advice is appriated thank you..

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
a good converter (edge 3500 stall), transgo shift kit. sticky tires, control arms, 150-200 shot.

or you could do the trans mods, get a good top end, and a smaller shot of nitrous.

The shift points for a stock AOD car suck! If you can get it tuned to raise the shift point (especially the 2-3 shift) DO IT...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a good converter (edge 3500 stall), transgo shift kit. sticky tires, control arms, 150-200 shot.

or you could do the trans mods, get a good top end, and a smaller shot of nitrous.

The shift points for a stock AOD car suck! If you can get it tuned to raise the shift point (especially the 2-3 shift) DO IT...
well the trans i was gonig to put in the car will have a 3500 stall. forward manual valve body, trans brake and elctornic o/d. im more concrned about the motor wat i would have to do to mkae it run that. thnx

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nitrous!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i've been 12.40s @ 109 with an aod coupe, the motor was bone stock from the air filter to the oil pan, the trans was also stock, i had 373s in the rear , off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back, weld rims and 26 x 10 slicks , and a 125 horse zex dry kit ( i put a 255 pump in the tank for insurance )

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
i've been 12.40s @ 109 with an aod coupe, the motor was bone stock from the air filter to the oil pan, the trans was also stock, i had 373s in the rear , off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back, weld rims and 26 x 10 slicks , and a 125 horse zex dry kit ( i put a 255 pump in the tank for insurance )
what did the car run w/o nitrous?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
14.29 was the best, usually it ran 14.30s i can't remember the mph tho , i kinda wished i would've put a decent convertor in it i think that would've really made a difference

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
14.29 was the best, usually it ran 14.30s i can't remember the mph tho , i kinda wished i would've put a decent convertor in it i think that would've really made a difference

that makes me wanna go get nitrous

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
it's donkey zex :humpnana

·
Registered
579 Posts
H-C-I and a stall converter,control arms,tires and you are already doing the exhaust,and mabey a little laughing gas with fuel upgrades.I just recently moved into the 12's with a t5 though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts