Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is this girl I dated back in High School (over six years ago). We still remain friends, not really close, but friends none the less. Well we get together almost ever year around this time 'cause my birthday is March 17 and hers is May 13 and we sort of catch up. Well we started talking again about a week ago and we hung out for the first time last night. For some reason I was really excited to see her, more so then usual. And I'm not talking excited because I haven't seen her in a while and it will be nice to catch up. I'm talking butterflies in my stomach and kinda nervous. Well I just kinda blew those feeling off and told myself not to get too excited, we're just friends. Well we had a fun time hanging out and we really caught up on the last year. Well when I left around midnight, I found it kinda hard to do. Like I REALLY wanted to stay longer, but I couldn't because I work this morning... Well on my 20 minutes drive home I really started thinking about what I was feeling and a realised that I have feelings for her. Pretty strong feelings too, not love, but like I really want to be with her. Here are some problems with this though:

1) She just got out of a nine month realationship last week (on her birthday...) with a guy she also dated for 2 years after we broke up. If things started happening between us, I wouldn't want to take advantage of her, and on the other side of things, I wouldn't want to just be the "rebound" guy either.

2) I just got out of a train wreck a relationship a few months ago that was over 2 years long and of whom I have a 14 month old son. When I say train wreck, I mean a ****ING train wreck. Like pieces of twisted metal and body parts EVERYWHERE for MILES. Our relationship started out absolutely amazing and ended horribly. Because of this I'm not sure that my feelings are genuine, or I'm just yearning for those feelings back.

3) While we were hanging out, she never gave the slightest indication that we anything more then friends. So, I did the same, which possibly could have led to both of hiding something? IDK...

What do I do??? Do I tell her how I feel? Do I play it cool for a while, and the slow start moving things in the relationship direction? Do I forget about what I feel and realize we won't ever be more then friends? IDK what to do guys... BTW the butterflies in my stomach woke me up 1 hour before my alarm went off this morning, which is why I have time to write this post... BTW we were each others first love and both lost the V-card to each other.

I'll post more on my previous relationship that ended up such a mess later so that might give you a little more understanding on where I'm coming from. Don't have time right now, but I'll get to it tonight.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
See if those butterflies are still there after a week or so - if they are, then you could tell her how you're feeling and also let her know what your worries are....she'll appreciate your honesty and she'll be able to understand what your thought processes are.

Most women - that are worth a salt - will appreciate these things and realize that real men - that are worth a salt - have emotions and know how to deal with them.

Talking is your best bet.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
1) She just got out of a nine month realationship last week (on her birthday...) with a guy she also dated for 2 years after we broke up. If things started happening between us, I wouldn't want to take advantage of her, and on the other side of things, I wouldn't want to just be the "rebound" guy either.
in the past, the past doesn't matter.

2) I just got out of a train wreck a relationship a few months ago that was over 2 years long and of whom I have a 14 month old son. When I say train wreck, I mean a ****ING train wreck. Like pieces of twisted metal and body parts EVERYWHERE for MILES. Our relationship started out absolutely amazing and ended horribly. Because of this I'm not sure that my feelings are genuine, or I'm just yearning for those feelings back.
more stuff in the past. You know if you like her or not.

3) While we were hanging out, she never gave the slightest indication that we anything more then friends. So, I did the same, which possibly could have led to both of hiding something? IDK...
She may or may not. only one way to find out.

What do I do??? Do I tell her how I feel?
Yes.

You are young. If she says no, that is the worst that can happen. You only live once, if you feel like you like her, go for it.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
And all the bad crap that happened before?

Life lessons - "starter relationships" that teach you what NOT to do to the person that you decide to devote the rest of your life too..... :D

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
Tell her. You are wasting time you could be spending with her or .....trying to get over her. Face it, you really like her so deal with it soon. You dont wake up early with butterflies because you dont like her. There is no reason above to not tell her how you feel. Get it out in the open.

Or, PIITB. Doesnt someone always say that in these threads?

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
"eye ratteling"? Sounds awesome. I wish I got them from something cool like that. I get butterflies when I see the electric bill in the mail box. Thats so cool Mama that you can still find that!!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow thanks guys for all the input and advise. You guys are the greatest :hug You guys really made me realize that you do only live once and I thought about this a lot at work today. Would I be happy if my life were cut short right now knowing I never tried? Absolutely not. I'm going to tell her how I feel next time we get the chance to hang out and basically let her know that the ball's in her court. Finding time is the only problem. She works full time. I work 2 jobs (60 hrs/wk) and have a son to raise AND I start school very soon lol :crazy

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
kids are chick magnets, everyone knows that. only down side is what do you do with the kid when she suddenly confesses back she wants to jump your bones as well. you know she does. go for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts