Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a 99 GT Vert in my area for 2900. Catch is the intake mani is off the car. Been what looks like kicked in the rear pass. quarter panel. Back bumper looks as if he hit a pole. Hood scoop is missing and one of the side scoops.

Cars Pass. side rear glass has been shattered and the interior has been completely strip out of the car. Supposedly it had a supercharger on it and i know it had nitrous because the switch and solenoid are still there. Drag car maybe?

Any who what do you guys think? And there is no key so ill be paying for one. Anything i should look for in particularly? Car was a repo is what im being told. Is it worth 2900 even with said problems and the possibilty it might not run or should i look elsewhere?

Sorry this is so long :D

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yea that doesn't seem too good of a deal I see very nice ones go on craigslist for not awhole lot more...with a key..and all its windows..and no body damage...and no signs of abuse like spraying it and no intake cause it prolly don't run...

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
yeah, with all that's wrong with it, you'll have over 5k into it and it says bad motor, so save up and buy a nice gt that don't need anything, just your love..
:D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
with the motor tanked it would run you another 1500-3000 just to get a motor for it and then factor in expense of body parts paint and others etc. you would have 10000 wrapped up in it really quick that car is maybe worth 1500 at most.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ya what he said...I mean interior is stripped...you can spend $1,500+ on the interior alone...body work isn't cheap at all and the extent that body damage is could be 2-3gs just working on the fender getting it straightened out and sprayed...depending on what's missing under the hood can be expensive..you have no idea what condition the tranny or rear end is in...and then that key deal...straight up sucks

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thats what i kinda figured. I'm more than capable of putting the motor back together and doing the body work myself but that price still got to me a bit. I know there are good deals out there.

I got my 98gt for 700 bucks. Only have about 1000 wrapped up in body parts and what not not. Then another 1500 for the performance goodies i decided to buy lol. Just saw this new edge and wasn't to sure.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.