Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im an old school drag racer and ive got a nice drag car. But i just got another 02 gt and i want to make it nice road car with american racing torque thrust IIs by 10.5 all the way around. Would that work and how low could i get it like that. Also would like to make it handle awsome. What all would it take to make it respectable. Any help appreciatied thanks justin.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
10.5's are WAY WAY too wide for the front.

i think the only thing TS2's come in for these cars are 11, and 8" width, i would put 8" up front with 245/45/17's on them, and then 11's in the back with some sort of 315/35/17. some 315's will be stretched a little, bit on that particular rim wont show rim bead.

also, alot of people have had problems getting the correct backspacing and all on TS2's for these cars. i was going to do them but 1. didnt want to take a chance in worng backspacing, and 2. they are played out amonst the muscle car crowd.

you could always get some bullits, they look similiar.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
As for the handling, find you a termi owner and swap him for his IRS, that will give you a great riding/handling stang. Thats the swap I was gonna do with my Mach, a friend of mine had a termi and he wanted my solid axle and my auto, but he traded it for a 3v so now I am making hit a ground pounder for the street/strip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts