Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked this before but never really got a straight answer, I have backlash in my frpp 4.10s on decel when im in gear. The mechanic assured me the pattern was dead on and the noise was simply cosmetic, other then him probably lying what exactly could go wrong if I just leave it alone? It drives great and I have lca's coming this week and don't want to stress out the rear end to much. Thanks everyone

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
if he says the pattern is dead on then all you can do is take his word for it. i can't hear your rear-end so i can't give you my opinion. but i will tell you that when you crack open a diff and change something, there's going to be some differences. and once you put those LCA's on, the noise will only get worse as a byproduct of the poly bushings. that doesn't mean your diff is getting any worse, it just means your LCA's are transmitting more of that noise.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok good, thank you. The noise doesn't bother me because my exhaust note drowns it out even on decel. I just don't wanna launch the car when the lca's are on and have my rear end fall out (exaggerated example I know). If I ever bite the bullet and get a s/c I'll probably end up switching to 3.73s anyways.

So sounds like its just cosmetic as long as my mechanic didn't lie to me?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i had some frpp-motive 4.10's installed by a dealer and i checked the pattern myself as well. i have a little bit of whine, but i really only noticed it after the LCA's and on decel. not a big deal if you ask me.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah imbright there with you, i don't think mine are the motive ones though. Part number ends in A supposdly the motives are M. My girlfriend didn't even notice the whine until I told her when to listen for it so its not a big deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts