Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of some poly busing grease for my panhard bar and control arms, anyone know a good brand or a place to buy some?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
parts store...grease is grease to me. some may tell you different. just get ssome multipurpose in a tube and throw it in the gun and go. autozone sells valvoline brand. thats what i have

·
Registered
204 Posts
All I have to say is old grease and new grease do not mix. So clean the part of all the old stuff before applying the new stuff. If it is a new part, then I guess it won't matter.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
All I have to say is old grease and new grease do not mix. So clean the part of all the old stuff before applying the new stuff. If it is a new part, then I guess it won't matter.
How do you clean your bushings when you lube your car? Do you remove the parts, press out the bushings, take them apart, clean them, press them back in and lube them? Come on man, I don't think so.

Just put it on the zerk fitting and give it a couple of pumps. Nobody cleans the old grease out, that's dumb.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
How do you clean your bushings when you lube your car? Do you remove the parts, press out the bushings, take them apart, clean them, press them back in and lube them? Come on man, I don't think so.

Just put it on the zerk fitting and give it a couple of pumps. Nobody cleans the old grease out, that's dumb.
It's a pain in the ass, and really no one does it, but technically your supposed clean out the old grease.

Kind of like if you drained 3 quarts and added 3 quarts fresh. Not really how its supposed to be done, but its better than nothing.

I don't clean out the old grease...

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DO you have to use a gun, I dont think I have a gun here, but I belive my dad has one at his company.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Don't use anything but the Energy suspension grease. Marine grease is not nearly as sticky. I know, I have both here at the house. Suspension grease is so damn tacky you can't wash it off with soap. If a bit hangs down from a control arm...it's there hanging a year later. It also will not harm or swell rubber parts.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
My **** is pink, kinda flourescent. Can't remember what brand.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sounds like you might need a doc bro.:booty

·
Registered
13,628 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Well, yeah.....I guess so.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just gut my grease in I hope it's enough I got six of those little packets from prothane motion control, hopefully it's enought to do panhard bar and control arms

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I just gut my grease in I hope it's enough I got six of those little packets from prothane motion control, hopefully it's enought to do panhard bar and control arms
Packets? Are you not going to use a grease gun? It's much easier to do it that way as opposed to pressing out your bearings and stuff.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll get It done somehow I guess

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
you can get a grease gun at wallmart for a couple bucks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts