Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows it going everyone.....heres the lowdown when i step on my brake pedal the pedal is normal it doesn't feel spongy or hard but i have to step on it kinda hard to stop also the pedal doesn't vibrate....i have new rotors and pads on the front new pads and caliper brackets on the back because the slide pins were shot. The calipers on the front seems to be fine as i removed and re-greased the slide pins also i replaced the rubber hoses on the front and had the brake system bled twice but that hasn't helped either u think its just time for new calipers they do have 140k on them?? also at highway speeds 50-70 mph the steering wheel shakes bad when i apply the brakes any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Did you check to make sure the slidepins actually slid in and out, or did you just grease them? I just took mine apart on Thursday, and regreased them, and they still were stuck. So i took em back apart, and really ground out the insides. If they are stuck, only one side of the caliper will be trying to stop the car.

On the rear, Did you turn the rotors, or just put on new pads?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the caliper pins do slide in and out....and i also had new rotors put on the rear when i replaced the pads

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
i ahd the same problem with my steering wheel shaking liek a b*tch but it was before i had a mustang anywaz autozone sold me a bad rotor that was bent my advice is take em both back where you got them and trade them fro new ones unless they look used as **** the reson it doesnt shak all the time is if its bent its just a small band like .001 of an inch and is only noticable when they have pressure on them

·
Registered
189 Posts
If it takes alot of force on the brake pedal to stop the car, most likely they were not seated correctly. There is, believe it or not a seating process to go thru to make sure the pads are creating the correct amount of friction on the rotors. If this is not done correctly then the result will be exactly what you explained. I speak from experience! Also keep in mind that on these cars GT or V-6, don't always go with the "cheap" pads. Spend the extra money and get a set that will do the job well. I'm putting Brembo pads and either Baer or Brembo rotors on mine ( I've got the Cobra front upgrade ).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts