Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm trying to come up with an estimate for how much everything i need to do is gunna cost and the only thing im not sure about is the exhaust... how much do you think it would cost me to walk into the custom exhaust shop with a set of mac LT headers and ask them to throw and H pipe and some flowmaster 40's on them and install everything? mind you the place is a small family owned shop that does exhaust only so the price shouldn't be crazy... any input is appreciated

·
Registered
101 Posts
i dont know if its my town but people here are greedy bastards. i had lts and my h pipe on already and took it to Midas they told me the rest of the set up would be 580 bucks and i almost **** myself. then i went to another big muffler shop around here and they saaid 350. so i went to a self owned little muffler shop and he got it all done for 150. it all just depends on where u go and it will probly be more since you dont got a h pipe. just watch out for those money hungry assholes :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i live in New Hampshire and its a small self owned shop and the headers will be pre installed so i hope it wont be too too bad

·
Registered
101 Posts
it shouldnt be that bad. i was getting prices on just the long tube install and that was 500 bucks itself so i put them on myself and my h pipe. for that small shop it shouldnt be super high

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
500 for LT install ALONE? holy ****

·
Registered
101 Posts
haha yeah thats what i said i almost **** myself so i told the shop id be back after a weekend :) the only fun part is lifting the k-member back up when u have limited room haha its a 9 hour job with 3 guys from what other members said by myself it took about 13-14. id rather do that then spend 500 bucks in my opinion :). its all up to you though

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:puketheres no way in hell i could have the time to do that unless i sat down and did it in one day cuz of my work schedule.... and ive never done it before so i prolly couldnt do it in one day so i may end up havign to take the hit and pay for it :(:(:(

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts