1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Got an error going to that link. But as far as brake pads go, go with ceramic. I went with semi-metallic last time I changed my pads and the amount of brake dust pisses me off. Ceramic pads need to warm up before they become as effective as possible, but I think it's worth it to not have to scrub brake dust off your wheels all the time.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,086 Posts
can't really say anything about the rotors but ceramic will do ya better. Like I said i don't know which would be better (autozone or NAPA)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, well im thinking maybe NAPA. Googled it and the general consensus seems to be that NAPA is slightly better. Now I could get their ultra premium rotors or thier ultra premium cross drilled and slotted rotors. first ones are $60, other's $120. Are the cross drilled really worth that much more if theyre from NAPA?

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,086 Posts
if your getting special breaks, go with just slotted if you can. Drilled doesn't help as much more. Or so I hear.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Drilled and slotted are not worth the extra money (I have them on my car and they're not any better than regular rotors). I believe they are actually more prone to cracking. If you want slightly nicer looking rotors, go with just slotted. If you're just looking for function and not worried about them looking cool, go with non-drilled/slotted.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, i think ill just go with the non drilled/slotted then. I still have stock rims on my car so its not that big of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts