Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while ago about my stereo not having any bass and some of the replies I got involved replacing fuses and/or wires if any were bad. Well, I'm not sure what fuses or wires I'm looking for, or where they are. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

For a little background on the problem: 03 Mach 460 stereo, all speakers work, but there is no bass whatsoever even with the bass all the way up, and I've been through all the options as far as sound quality and every setting is the same way. I'd like to start by replacing the little things first like fuses or wires and move on from there.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did it ever have any bass in the first place? Are You sure all the speakers are working well?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, everything is stock. And I don't know exactly when or how it happened. I bought the car with 25K on it and some older lady owned it, so I doubt she was doing anything that would blow the speakers. Thats why I'm thinking it may be a good idea to check the fuses and wires first. I just dont know where to look or exactly which ones to replace.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Do you have the owners manual for the car? It will give you detailed locations of where the fuses are located and which ones are which.

If you don't have a manual, google is your friend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Over 40 means you don't rock?

The Stones got started in the 60s dude. My grandmother rocks out and she's in her 70s. Hell, I got an uncle only listens to classsical (OMG) and that stuff is really hard on spkrs - lot of dynamic range in it.

In my Bronco someone had for no reason cut the left rear spkr wire and wired the spkr into the right rear for mono output from one channel only. Who knows what may have been done and why...

If you want to start with the simple stuff first like fuses then do it. Some fuses are under the hood - did you check them or just in the kick panel?

I would check that first.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I would open your trunk and look on the speaker enclosure that is bolted to teh underside of your package tray just to ensure your amps are connected still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts