Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was cleaning my throttle body and maf sensor cause my car was idleing weird. Anyway when i was finished i saw this not connected to anything. I was like wtf :confused: cause i know this use to b connected to my intake. I just a zex nitrous kit put in and it seems they coverd where this use to go and put the nozzle there. Can i just put a breather on there?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I just take the tube off and put a lil filter there?

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
lol yes, take the hose off and put a mini breather in its place..

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Make it look like this. K&N clamp on filter. It's either 3/8" or 5/8", I can't remember which sides the sizes are on.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Smaller size diameter (3/8") on the passenger side, larger size diameter (5/8") on the driver side.

When you get vacuum caps for the PCV inlet/outlets on the intake (you definitely want to if you're spraying), make sure you get the right size -- I found out that the heat will cause a smaller size cap to split over time. None of the multipacks for the vacuum caps at my local Carquest/Autozone/Advance had 5/8" caps, but there is a radiator hose cap in that size.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Carquest can special order the K&N breathers, I forget the part numbers, but Summit Racing will end up being about $10-$15 cheaper, even with shipping charges. Actually, Carquest wanted to charge me $5 shipping to get one from California, I balked and ordered the part from Summit. Summit delivered quicker than CarQuest would have too.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where eould I put the vaccum caps? I only have the opeing on the side of the intake manifold. My intake where the other one goes is were the nozzle is now.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Where eould I put the vaccum caps? I only have the opeing on the side of the intake manifold. My intake where the other one goes is were the nozzle is now.
Just plug the one opening.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts