Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so theres this guy on another board that drives an sn95 and refuses to believe that s197's can get deep into the 8's and have a MPH in the high 80's while NA.

theres about 4 or5 of us that actually own s197's and tried to tell him different... he just refuses to believe it... so, what are ur 1/8th mile times and with what mods..... im more interested in hearing from the NA guys like zipp and other fellows who have remained NA but goto the track....

juan doesnt count cause u already had ur say in this....

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
A 13 second car with a good suspension setup and good driver should be running low 8's already. An high 11 second car under the same conditions should see mid 7's. (found the conversion on Google...) A bone-stock GT can pull about a 13.6 1/4 on street tires? That's an 8.6 1/8. So a few N/A bolt ons, gears and some sticky tires, you easily have a low 8 second 1/8 mile car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
A 13 second car with a good suspension setup and good driver should be running low 8's already. An high 11 second car under the same conditions should see mid 7's. (found the conversion on Google...) A bone-stock GT can pull about a 13.6 1/4 on street tires? That's an 8.6 1/8. So a few N/A bolt ons, gears and some sticky tires, you easily have a low 8 second 1/8 mile car.
+1 depending on your definition of "deep" you should already be there with your mods. I have a freind with an 06 gt and he runs 8.9's in the 1/8 with slicks, full exhaust, and 3.73's. I might could even dig up a video if needed.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
mine went 8.9 BONE STOCK... and i have 3.31's. if i had the 3.55 back i would be 8.6-8.7 noooooooooooo prob.. 3.31 wind way to slow. but as is stands, its a 8 second car even with tall ass gears. dudes lost his marbles.. i cant wait till put 4.10's out back it will change this thing completley

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so whats an average speed for an s197 doing 8's with full bolt-ons? greater or less than 8?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
if its putting down an honest 300+ to the wheels, i dont see why low 8's, 85-90 mph... maybe high 7's on a perfect day... all im saying is 7's IS possible w/ work and a PERFECT setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts