Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, What do you guys think about this... I was made a lucrative offer over the weekend on a 2 year old aston martin convertible w/ 22k on the clock (black) and Im thinking Im going to sell my mustang to buy it. I have been talking to some local enthusiats that I run around with and if I go through with this I already have the procharger sold (3k) and the CF GT500 hood and roush front bumper sold (1600) so there is 4.6k in my pocket. So how much do you guys think I could get from a 06 vista blue convertible w/black leather int. lowered on 18 chrome bullets. Other stuff include roll bar, Cervinis speedster cover, hurst shifter, ducktail wing, cervinis side exhaust, prochamber, LT headers, autometer c2 guages with sos pillar pod. 3:55s, tinted windows... ( I know Im forgetting something but cant think at the moment ). The car is in immaculate condition w/12k on the clock and 5k on the motor. I cant emphasize enough how pristine the condition is on this car... KBB says retail is 29,500 for it...

http://images.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/viewall.pl?dir=995_69157

Here is an example of what the aston looks like ( except the top is black too )

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
sweet car i would buy it...how much is insurance?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Aston Martins are really classey and a lot rarer than our beloved Mustangs. The only thing that would worry me is the cost of repair or servicing it. Insurance might be killer on one of these, I'd check before commiting to it. I saw a black hardtop last summer and it was probably the most stunning car I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of cars. Good luck if you decide to take the plunge. When it comes to mods think about machine guns and ejection seats more than speed parts.

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The insurance is a little on the pricey side. But that it about the only drawback Im seeing as of now ( other than the increased car payment ). But I just got a decent promotion at work and think I can fit this into my budget now. As for repairs, Im fully capable of taking care of things myself ( including thid 6.0l v-12 which is merely two taurus motors fused together on steriods ). Dont wory guys Im will still be around here as I will still own a Ford product ( for those who dont know Aston is owned by Ford Motor Co. ). Come on guys I need this input so I can pull the trigger on this. Cant imagine it will take too long to sell my car...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
aston martin is no longer a ford product or last time i checked ford was working on a deal to get rid of them:no Either way the car is beautiful and drives fairly well. The paddle gears are a lot of fun, my friends dad had one for awhile and loved it. Good luck with it if you get it. Don't let the insurance or price tag bother you if it works with your budget. You only live once and if you like the car that much, don't think twice about it

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea jump on it man your crazy not too... aston ranks up there with ferrari and porsche.. british engineered, hand built car... i mean cmon

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I know you're in a bind, so I'll cut you a great deal and trade you straight up for my '07 Vista GT Coupe ;):D;):D;) Good luck with that Aston, I wish I could pick up your vert, that was what I originally wanted but had to back out because of the cost.

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
FastFox, would you take the long tube headers off and sell them? What kind are they? Kooks or American Racing?

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry they are staying on as if I took them off I would have to put the stock mid pipe back on as well. I think the deep throaty sound is a good selling point... I would if I could leave the prochamber on, but I cant... Ok, guys I apreciate your support on the aston, Im sold on it ( and have been for many years ). But how much do you think is a reasonable asking price for my mustang?

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
aston martin is no longer a ford product or last time i checked ford was working on a deal to get rid of them:no
Your right, they were sold to some sports car company a year ago last month. Forgot about this in all the jaguar/land rover drama... At least this Aston was built by Ford...

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
sweet car man. if the deal is legitimate i'd say go for it. just be sure you're not getting screwed. how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a legitimate deal. Its a Dr. who it a client of mine who is selling it, I have made him alot of money over the last couple years so he is trying to return the favor. I would rather not say how much Im paying for it, but lets put it this way I could probably buy two brand new GTs and a new V6 for the price...

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
sounds like a pretty good deal bro. i say go for it.

·
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am if I can ever get some feedback on an asking price for the mustang...

( I can still hangout here with just a hatchback right? )

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Given the extras, condition, mileage, and coolness factor, I'd bet that you could pull off at least 30-33k but I'm not certain how good the car market is right now with all the housing debacle going on. KBB says it's 29.5k aside from the add-ons, so I figure that's a good estimate for now. That being said...I can't buy it, lol.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
pffft, a Veyron? ... isn't that a seven figure price tag?

I'd love to help you Fox, but I've got no idea how much your convertible should go for.... Good luck and that's an awesome buy on the Aston, those things are classics and the design that everyone's been trying to copy for years now, with little to no success. You know a design is good when Ferrarri incorporates elements of it....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts