Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..........ok, welp. im getting ready to shot my car with the laughing gas for the first time here w/ in the week......i was gonna run 100shot but wasnt sure if that would be ok, i have no tune and no timing pulled. i have heard of people running it like that befor,

dont mean to be an ass, but i dont need EVERYone's opinion on this lol. seriously im not trying to sound like a dick, i would just like to know first hands on experience from people who HAVE ran nitrous a good amount and can give me some info. i want to run the 100shot but not 100% sure if i can on a stock tune.....i have ALMOST basicly EVERY bolt on you can think of, just nothing internal and no tune

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
U sure are sounding like a dick! :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well I do have nitrous and you can run a 100 shot without a tune. With a hand held you can take timing out (i think its 4 with a 100?) I ran a 100 shot for a couple of months and just replaced the fuel pump with a ford gt fuel pump just incase. If you dont have a hand held and you dont want to take timing out, id say stick to a 75. thats what i was at for a while.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol come on guys, seriously here lol.....ive seen alot of people run the 75 and they have no problems. ive never even rode in a car that sprayed befor, so its all new to me.....should i just start out w/ the 75 for now? i think thats what im going to do, but i am curious to if my car can handle the 100shot

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
lol come on guys, seriously here lol.....ive seen alot of people run the 75 and they have no problems. ive never even rode in a car that sprayed befor, so its all new to me.....should i just start out w/ the 75 for now? i think thats what im going to do, but i am curious to if my car can handle the 100shot

Not to be an ass but I think you answered that for youself. Start with the 75 and if all is well move up to the 100. Thats the most logical way to go anyways.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Not to be an ass but I think you answered that for youself. Start with the 75 and if all is well move up to the 100. Thats the most logical way to go anyways.
+35^5

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Startin off with the 100 would be like pokin your ole lady in the ass w/o lube or a finger first. You could tear an oring for all you know, those things arent made of viton. Start small n work your way up to be safe.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I never ran one, but I'd say a 200 shot would do well, :)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
hmm, on second thought...how about a dual stage, 125 off the line and another 100 at the 1/8.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya i went ahead and already got the stage 1 colder plugs....ngk brand, gonna install them this weekend sometime "they will be in befor i spray"

anyone else on here spray the zex 75shot???

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
You're lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake. Now me and the Mad Scientist have to tear down the block and replace the piston rings you fried.

:)

Put in TR6 plugs, run the 75 shot, make sure you don't bounce the limiter, then pull timing and run a 125 shot. You'll have no issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts