Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
I know a lawyer, book writer that is published, a doctor, and various other successful people that smoke weed to wind down or kill stress. I'd rather be around a bunch of high people versus drunk.

Don't always assume people based on habits

Now if she was doing meth or crack we would be having a different discussion but weed? It's a plant babay
And still trying to get you to partake after like 15 years!!!

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
i got into a relationship for the first time in a few years. im 22 and shes 18. im pretty straight edge person. i dont do drugs and only drink maybe once a month. i havent been drunk in probably two years. the problem im having is with weed. i tried it once when i was 15ish. it just never stuck with me and isnt part of my lifestyle. she goes out and smokes with friends maybe every other week or once a month. not very often. she puts responsibilities first, such as her job and paying bills. i just dont know how to think of it. i like her and we get along great. i just need some advice on accepting it. ive never really been around it, being i grew up in a small town. i guess its just the fear of the unkown that scares me about it, and id like to dispel those fears. ive always kind of associated weed with a certain type of people that i didnt want to affiliate with, but maybe i need to change my viewpoint. im not saying i want to get into it myself because i dont, i just dont like being worried when she hangs out with her friends. so give me some advice on how to get over this.
I'm a little late to the party here, but I completely and 100% agree. I feel the EXACT same way about weed. I don't like it and there is something about it/the culture it propagates that I absolutely cannot stand.

I dealt with this with a girl friend one time. I told her I didn't like the weed and that it was a deal breaker for me. She said she wasn't addicted and that she would stop, no problem. Come to find out she would then just do it behind my back, which is even worse. She would invite friends over late at night and then "go to the garage for a second".

I dumped her ass for more than that reason, but my point is, if you don't like it, then don't just deal with it. There is a lot of things you must come to middle ground on in a relationship when you're married, but when you're not married I would just assume tell her how you feel and she either quits it or doesn't. If she doesn't then you need to decide if that is a deal breaker to you. To me it was, because I don't want to be married to someone that wants to go smoke dope with her friends every couple weeks.

However, she is only 18 and has a lot of growing up to do still. I would probably deal with it for a little while given your case. Now if you both were in your mid 20's looking to settle down and she cant seem to give up the childish **** of smoking dope with friends, I'd walk away. But that's not the case, yet anyway.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I think if you really knew the truth about what people do behind closed doors, it would blow most people's ****ing minds who all smokes pot and keeps it on the down low.
However, I do completely agree with this. Which is why I don't dredge into the lives of people I respect. I am afraid I may find stuff that isn't so deserving of my respect. This obviously goes beyond pot smoking.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I'll buck the trend here...

I'm not a fan of any drugs. Not because they're "illegal" but the reasoning for using them. If you need a chemical to "relax" or to "have fun" then what you're doing just isn't fun.

I wouldn't date smokers when I was dating because I don't like the taste of it. I don't particularly like the smell of pot, and when I was dating someone and found out they smoked it, I gave it a chance, but several other things she wasn't telling me surfaced shortly thereafter and I broke it off. Not the pot's fault, but I didn't want to kiss her when she stank of pot.

I was married to an alcoholic. Nothing against someone having a beer or some alcohol or anything, but again, in my opinion if you go out with the express intent to get drunk there's other issues in your life that need dealt with (unless you're just turning 21, you get a pass then in my opinion).

Relationship wise, it's up to you man. If you love every other aspect of her, and can overlook the pot, go for it. I think it's a bigger deal than that though, as you're asking us for advice. Her smoking pot doesn't make her bad, doesn't sound like she's a serious pot head or anything like that, just I find it gross and I personally wouldn't want to be part of it.
This is pretty much where I land. And you said it much better than I did.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I should say that yes, I do think its immature when adults smoke pot.

HOWEVER, the ones I am referring to are the openly vocal ones of course. Because if you do it behind closed doors, then how do I even know you do it in the first place? So you're not included in this. You know the type, the type that wears bull **** flea market tie die t-shirts with giant pot leafs on them. Those morons. The ones that would show up to a family gathering reeking of pot and not give two flying ****s. That's the type of pot smoker I hate, and the terrible stigma they have. These same ones that post something everyday on facebook about how pot should be legal, or the ones that are suddenly Doctors or Biochemists that will tell you with their internet gathered facts how pot is NOT in any way harmful to the body at all, in fact, its healthy! And then link you to same biased slanted bullshit "proving" their claims on a URL like stonersunite.C0m, Those are the people that I want to kick square in the genitals every time I hear them speak on the matter.

Because like I said, if you do it behind closed doors and no one knows, then how do I even know you smoke pot anyway?

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
^ sounds like you're more against douchebags than smot pokers

i have nothing against weed or people who smoke it, but i agree, the yolo420blazeitfaggot culture is so ****ing obnoxious. i can assure you that's only a tiny percentage of the smokers though. it has nothing to do with the weed. those kids would be losers with or without it. they think bragging about doing something illegal makes them cool, that's all.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
The amount of regular people who smoke weed is absolutely astounding, if it gets legalized around the rest of the US, you'll be shocked with the amount of people that smoke.

I agree with everyone else, the 420 lifestyle is retarded. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't care. I've dated girls who smoked everyday but you wouldn't really know it unless you asked. I was more concerned about the amount of money they were spending on it vs them actually smoking.

PS, if she ever wants to get you high, work in a blowjob as part of the deal because being high and getting a blowjob is out of this world. You'll make E.T. noises.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
I should say that yes, I do think its immature when adults smoke pot.

HOWEVER, the ones I am referring to are the openly vocal ones of course. Because if you do it behind closed doors, then how do I even know you do it in the first place? So you're not included in this. You know the type, the type that wears bull **** flea market tie die t-shirts with giant pot leafs on them. Those morons. The ones that would show up to a family gathering reeking of pot and not give two flying ****s. That's the type of pot smoker I hate, and the terrible stigma they have. These same ones that post something everyday on facebook about how pot should be legal, or the ones that are suddenly Doctors or Biochemists that will tell you with their internet gathered facts how pot is NOT in any way harmful to the body at all, in fact, its healthy! And then link you to same biased slanted bullshit "proving" their claims on a URL like stonersunite.C0m, Those are the people that I want to kick square in the genitals every time I hear them speak on the matter
I've known people like you're describing and, honestly, every single one of them is a moron/douchenozzle with or without pot. People tend to attribute the stereotypical "culture" as what happens when people smoke pot. But, for the most part, those people were useless idiots before they even got around to smoking pot.

It's kind of like the equivalent of saying everyone that drinks a couple beers during the weekend is imagined as being a ****-faced, bottle-throwing, abusive redneck. Not your perspective, obviously, but plenty of people imagine that anyone who touches marijuana is the kind of person you described.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I agree. I hate those people, there's a ton that do it behind close doors, but since they don't do it in the open then I don't know they're smokers anyway.

One thing I can't stand is the whole "How can a plant from the earth not be healthy!" They try to bring justification to their cause to make it legal by bringing up a bunch of bull **** articles about how it isn't unhealthy at all. Articles that make a John C news article look unbiased.

What they don't get is that there is a ton of **** that isn't healthy yet it's legal. Cigarettes are the leading cause of lung cancer, and those are legal. Alcohol is also not healthy, although in small quantities not as unhealthy as cigarettes.

Either way, there is no way inhaling any type of smoke into your lungs is healthy. It could be healthier than cigarettes, fine. But there is no way in hell anyone will ever convince me that inhaling smoke into your lungs is healthy. Yes I realize there is other ways to take pot.

If they want it to be legal just focus on the fact that other unhealthy things that are just as bad or worse are legal, so why isn't pot? Instead of making it seem like it's this miracle cure for everything known to man and it's just this hidden gem to medical science everywhere. Just say what it is, it's a "drug" you like to smoke for fun, other **** is worse than pot is, so make it legal already. Not, "Well, this guy who isn't really a doctor said it helped his cousins sisters aunts nephew who had cancer. It's a miracle medicine!"

Like you guys said though. The people sharing this **** are the D-bags anyway that would be d-bags without pot.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
I agree. I hate those people, there's a ton that do it behind close doors, but since they don't do it in the open then I don't know they're smokers anyway.

One thing I can't stand is the whole "How can a plant from the earth not be healthy!" They try to bring justification to their cause to make it legal by bringing up a bunch of bull **** articles about how it isn't unhealthy at all. Articles that make a John C news article look unbiased.

What they don't get is that there is a ton of **** that isn't healthy yet it's legal. Cigarettes are the leading cause of lung cancer, and those are legal. Alcohol is also not healthy, although in small quantities not as unhealthy as cigarettes.

Either way, there is no way inhaling any type of smoke into your lungs is healthy. It could be healthier than cigarettes, fine. But there is no way in hell anyone will ever convince me that inhaling smoke into your lungs is healthy. Yes I realize there is other ways to take pot.

If they want it to be legal just focus on the fact that other unhealthy things that are just as bad or worse are legal, so why isn't pot? Instead of making it seem like it's this miracle cure for everything known to man and it's just this hidden gem to medical science everywhere. Just say what it is, it's a "drug" you like to smoke for fun, other **** is worse than pot is, so make it legal already. Not, "Well, this guy who isn't really a doctor said it helped his cousins sisters aunts nephew who had cancer. It's a miracle medicine!"

Like you guys said though. The people sharing this **** are the D-bags anyway that would be d-bags without pot.
Of course, there's no way in hell lighting anything on fire and breathing it in is "healthy". Saying it is "healthy" is undermining its usefulness for sure.

There is no doubt at all, however, that THC increases appetite and can greatly help people going through things like cancer treatment actually be able to eat or that CBD helps with pain management (the two active ingredients in marijuana). And ****, if you're being prescribed almost literally heroin (opiates) for pain and can become physically addicted (some people can be "mentally" addicted to marijuana), there ain't no reason why marijuana should be scheduled above an opiate by the DEA or be an unavailable treatment to people suffering from those ailments. Because although not healthy, its a lot better short and long-term side-effect wise than some of the options that people resort to.

But yes, also because its fun with relatively low risk compared to cigarettes and alcohol.

Unless she starts smelling like hippy oil or starts growing armpit hair, or dread locking her beaver carry on.
Aaaaand now I'm vomiting.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
^ sounds like you're more against douchebags than smot pokers

i have nothing against weed or people who smoke it, but i agree, the yolo420blazeitfaggot culture is so ****ing obnoxious. i can assure you that's only a tiny percentage of the smokers though. it has nothing to do with the weed. those kids would be losers with or without it. they think bragging about doing something illegal makes them cool, that's all.
and this right here is probably my biggest issue. i want nothing to do with those people or to be affiliated with them in any way.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

If she starts looking like she had Buckwheat in a leg lock it's time to bail out and fast.
so far no worries, she shaves regularly! lol

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
and this right here is probably my biggest issue. i want nothing to do with those people or to be affiliated with them in any way.
that's like a girl saying "i don't like car guys because i don't want to have anything to do with hellaflush"

does this girl promote the retard culture? if she does, then drop her for being an idiot. if she doesn't, then i don't see what the problem is

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Depends entirely on her attitude and such surrounding weed, but from the sound of things I wouldn't sweat it. Weed is one of those things where every person has slightly different reactions depending on tolerance, potency, and the countless strains out there.

Personally, I smoke from time to time, although not nearly as much as I did when I was younger, primarily because it causes me to notice my back hurting far more than I would regularly.

My fiancé on the other hand, she smokes weed the way cigarette smokers do, every few hours or so she'll take a few hits and go back about her day. Doesn't have any real impact on her getting things around the house or at work done in any way, and she does IT for Boeing, not some BS job at MickeyDs or something that you would typically think a 'stoner' would work. It helps her tremendously with managing bipolar and anxiety issues, whereas prior to smoking weed regularly she had a multitude of meds that she was on that essentially stripped her of any motivation or ambition, versus today she has a low dose of Zoloft and nothing else (besides the pot).

In public, most people are either surprised or indifferent when they discover she smokes, because she doesn't exhibit any of the typical behaviors that you'd expect from someone that smokes multiple times a day, every day. Behind closed doors, she does run a blog on Tumblr that features a bunch of girls smoking/talking about weed, but outside of the internet its not a big deal.

Something worth noting, is that smoking anything is bad for your lungs. She primarily uses a vape pen, which not only is a lot less damaging to your lungs, but has the advantage of being discreet enough that no one looks twice at her using it, as it's indistinguishable from an ecig until you take it apart and doesn't really smell like a joint would. Occasionally she'll bring out the bongs and take huge rips to get completely blazed, but in that regard it's no different than any other psychoactive substance. A beer or two isn't going to get you drunk, but half a dozen shots most certainly will.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Depends entirely on her attitude and such surrounding weed, but from the sound of things I wouldn't sweat it. Weed is one of those things where every person has slightly different reactions depending on tolerance, potency, and the countless strains out there.

Personally, I smoke from time to time, although not nearly as much as I did when I was younger, primarily because it causes me to notice my back hurting far more than I would regularly.

My fiancé on the other hand, she smokes weed the way cigarette smokers do, every few hours or so she'll take a few hits and go back about her day. Doesn't have any real impact on her getting things around the house or at work done in any way, and she does IT for Boeing, not some BS job at MickeyDs or something that you would typically think a 'stoner' would work. It helps her tremendously with managing bipolar and anxiety issues, whereas prior to smoking weed regularly she had a multitude of meds that she was on that essentially stripped her of any motivation or ambition, versus today she has a low dose of Zoloft and nothing else (besides the pot).

In public, most people are either surprised or indifferent when they discover she smokes, because she doesn't exhibit any of the typical behaviors that you'd expect from someone that smokes multiple times a day, every day. Behind closed doors, she does run a blog on Tumblr that features a bunch of girls smoking/talking about weed, but outside of the internet its not a big deal.

Something worth noting, is that smoking anything is bad for your lungs. She primarily uses a vape pen, which not only is a lot less damaging to your lungs, but has the advantage of being discreet enough that no one looks twice at her using it, as it's indistinguishable from an ecig until you take it apart and doesn't really smell like a joint would. Occasionally she'll bring out the bongs and take huge rips to get completely blazed, but in that regard it's no different than any other psychoactive substance. A beer or two isn't going to get you drunk, but half a dozen shots most certainly will.
Damn, she's ballsier than me. I'm actually surprised because most aerospace companies will administer hair sample drug tests upon hire (I had to take one just for designing airline seats). Random drug tests in the aerospace industry aren't uncommon either.

I risk my employment doing it but that's because I'm nearly 100% certain they won't test unless I get like seriously injured in the manufacturing shop - in which case I'd be way more concerned about hydraulic fluid injection anyway! **** that noise! But it's also not like I'm toking up before walking into the office or some stupid ****.

Underground section is un-searchable right? LOL

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Damn, she's ballsier than me. I'm actually surprised because most aerospace companies will administer hair sample drug tests upon hire (I had to take one just for designing airline seats). Random drug tests in the aerospace industry aren't uncommon either.

I risk my employment doing it but that's because I'm nearly 100% certain they won't test unless I get like seriously injured in the manufacturing shop - in which case I'd be way more concerned about hydraulic fluid injection anyway! **** that noise! But it's also not like I'm toking up before walking into the office or some stupid ****.

Underground section is un-searchable right? LOL
She's never been drug tested. It's also legal in WA, so that might have something to do with it.

I was drug tested when I worked at Obamacare, but they straight up told me that because it was legal in WA, testing positive for marijuana wasn't considered a 'fail,' they were only interested in other substances.

Microsoft and Starbucks both never drug tested me.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
I mean my company drug tested me (in WA) and I'm certain I'd be fired if I failed a random test. But my company is a subsidiary of a corporation based out of Cleveland. Most company policies are dictated by their insurance and the insurance companies don't give a rats ass about legality. If they can't test you for inebriation (like alcohol where you can test if someone is currently drunk) then they just revert to standard urine test which means you could either be high right now or high fifteen days ago on a weekend.

Also, I worked at an aerospace company my first job out of college and we had to stop using a vendor from California because they refused to drug test their employees (due to lax CA laws). The FAA wouldn't allow us to use them as a vendor due to that policy of theirs, even though it was technically legal in CA or whatever.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts