Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i've been battling with myself about this for a few months now, Should i get rid of my 99 cobra and go for a 03/04 in either sonic blue or black coupe. or keep the 99 vert and build the motor for some twins. I cant decide so i've decided to ask you guys for your opinion. Thanks!!

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
IMHO, a sonic blue termie is BA, that is my dream car, so I'm biased towards it. I say as long as you find a clean, low mi, termie "coupe" get it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, im the same way about the sonic blue coupe, i would only buy if it had low miles and was in very good condition.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
go for the termi man!!! i'm gonna sell my car for a low mileage termi once i finish college next year

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My only problem is, either way i want to build a turbo cobra, with a T56, built motor, build solid rear, and all of the supporting mods. i just cant decide on keeping the 99 and doing all of the work, or buy an 03/04 that already has a forged motor, and T56. decisions decisions

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Guess it depends if you want to have an iron block or an aluminum one.

I would think it would be cheaper in the long run to start with the Terminator car and swap to turbos than it would be to take a 99, build the motor with forged internals, and swap the transmission.

Personally, I don't understand why people swap out the IRS, but that's just me. The only "legitimate" reason I've heard is strength, but it seems to me that you could build up the IRS for cheaper than you could swap in a live axle, which you're still going to have to build up.

Another reason for the terminator car: convertibles suck for performance. Nothing more than extra weight and extra flex in the chassis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts