Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the track this Friday and the results were not as good as they could have been. I drive a 6 speed manual and my two step is not working so I am having to watch the tree and my rpms at the same time. My question is without two step what can I do to lower my reaction but still get a good launch all at the same time. If i can lower these two things because their my main problem I feel I can drop quite a bit off my time. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the only real answer to that question is practice.

the 2-step is a good tool but most street type classes don't allow them so it's not always a good idea to depend on them too much.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the track I go to you can pretty much do anything unless it is bracket racing but I do not do that. The only real problem I am having is having to watch the tree and rpms at the same time but I guess I will just have to practice.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
with some practice you'll find a good spot with your foot that will hold the rpm's where you need them.

you should give the bracket racing at your track a try though, test & tunes get boring.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I think bracket racing would be a ton of fun but I want to get my driving consistent before I start putting money on the line.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
just a little fyi, dropping your reaction time wont drop your ET...at a test and tune.

timer doesn't start till you move forward

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So theoretically I can have a 5 second rt and still run a 9 second 1/8th?

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
So theoretically I can have a 5 second rt and still run a 9 second 1/8th?
Yep, my 1st pass the tech was talking in my passanger window as the tree started lol. I had a 1.2 r/t and still ran 9 flat. But dude i have 2.73s and my consistent times were 8.8x with a best of 8.80 @ 81mph, With you have 3.73 and LCA you should be able to launch higer and get down the track faster. You should be shooting for mid-low 8s!!!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I know what I can hit I just was not able to do it the other night. But this next weekend I will get back on the horse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts