Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. well it's about time for a clutch in my car. If I'm going to do that, then I might as well replace the throwout bearing. If I'm going to do those things, I might as well fix the syncro going into 3rd. Depending on how much that runs, I might look into getting a lightweight flywheel. I'm just looking for what you guys think it should cost and any suggestions for products. I'm seen plenty of threads about this, but I seem to have trouble finding justification for everyone's personal preferences. Thanks in advance, fellas.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Depends on what clutch you get - we will call it 300 for clutch and TOB. No idea what fixing the syncro would cost. Lightweight (aluminum) flywheels are expensive - 3-400 and up. Id say do the work yourself - its not bad if you have a buddy help.

***those amounts are for cost of parts not install. Ive never paid anyone to do those things so I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
my dad's mechanic said he could take care of the clutch/tob for 350 if i supply parts (my dad hasnt asked him about syncro or nething else yet).. i asked my dad if he thought i could do it myself w/ a haynes manual and he told me that itd take me 4x as long as anybody else cuz i havent done nething like that before

·
Registered
922 Posts
my dad's mechanic said he could take care of the clutch/tob for 350 if i supply parts (my dad hasnt asked him about syncro or nething else yet).. i asked my dad if he thought i could do it myself w/ a haynes manual and he told me that itd take me 4x as long as anybody else cuz i havent done nething like that before
You can do it in a weekend even if you have never done it before. haynes will pretty much walk you through it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive got a new estimate. 650 for replacing 3rd syncro and bearings and i supply parts for clutch replace and flywheel if i decide to do that... that sounds pretty good to me.. but i dunno.. for everything all together he said 4 days to a week

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I got my clutched priced for 300 and he siad that if i bought i new flywheel than the old flywheel not being used would not need resurfacing makeing the insatll price go down some

1 - 6 of 6 Posts