Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some opinions. I have a 04 v6 mustang running 18x9 wheels with a horrible sve coil over kit. The sve kit I had installed needs to go, the rear feels like it has absolutely no suspension at all and it makes horrible noises when turning (noise isn't coming from rubbing). I don't want the car to be slammed but I do want it slightly lowered. I was thinking about replacing the coil overs with a lowering spring and koni street shock and strut kit. I don't have a huge budget but I need some recommendations on replacing this garbage product.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Koni yellow single adjustable are an excellent shock. As for lowering springs. I really liked when I had H&R SS springs.

Now I am still running the koni yellow single adjustables with a maximum motorsports coil over conversion kit up front and maximum motorsports TA-42 springs in the rear. (For my torque arm and panhard bar) I still love them, the suspension setup rides really well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
+1 for H&R springs. I am currently running H&R race springs which don't have as much drop as the SS springs Snorky is running. Either way, H&R makes a great spring for a great price. Check out Maximum Motor Sports, because they probably know more about the Mustang suspension than Ford, and IMHO they are the experts.

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/1996-2004-Mustang-C619.aspx (These are hardtop springs. If you have a vert you'll want to look at those springs instead.)

You'll want to match the springs and struts for best performance. If you click on a spring it will tell you good struts to match with them and most of them work with Koni STRT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts