Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my tread on my stock G-force tire on my mustang are getting worn out. and im looking into getting a more sticky tire. just an overall better tire. personally i know nothing about tires i couldnt really tell you what size would fit on what. im just looking for some good tires that will not wear out amazingly fast. and are not terrible in the rain. and can still hook up off the line. and i do have the stock premium package rims on my car so if you guys could help me out on sizing that would be great.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Get 255/45/18's. Some good tires in that size the nitto nt555's, bfg kdw2's, or the Goodyear eagle f1 supercars. The goodyears are the cheapest and the bfg's are the highest. I personally would recommend the nittos. They will last u the longest.

·
Registered
818 Posts
nitto nt05's= my next tire

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Nt05's are good, but they are like a drag radial for road course racing. They don't come with full tread. I think they only come with 7/32's if tread. I don't think that's what the op is looking for.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i was not aware. speaking solely on the review a couple months ago in 5.0 mag or MM&FF...

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I have ran the Nitto's and many other tires out there. My experience is that the Nitto is one of the better tires on the market. Everyone may not have the same results, but I dont see how. Nitto 555's grip really good and have a long life.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would go with a wider tire than a 255 if you want more gripping surface for the track, its difficult to find a tire that performs just as well on the track and road. I think a good street radial from Mickey Thompson or Nitto would do fine for what you want.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Nt05's are good, but they are like a drag radial for road course racing. They don't come with full tread. I think they only come with 7/32's if tread. I don't think that's what the op is looking for.
Not to mentoin that fact that I dont like the sizes available in those tires. Unless im missing something its not like they have a 285/40/18. seems like all the sizes were meant for imports.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
i think it is car and driver that just did a comparison of 9 different summer performance tires. it was a good review of a variety of tests. braking, road course, ext. believe it or not the nitto's were on the bottom of the list in all events. the bfg kdw's were right in the middle.

Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver
They tested the nitto invo, not the nt555's. The nt555's aren't made in the size they tested.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts