Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
☼ny
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pissed off at the stock K-member since putting my built motor in was tough and pulling it out is worse(gotta check for debris in oil pan)....

I was on the fence between UPR and Team-Z. Every other person is running and liking UPR and people have only good things to say about Team-Z. The cost for the K and arms from both are within $10 of each other if I get the metal matrix k member from team-z.

My car would be a daily driver if I ever get my motor running. Dragstrip in the distant future....
Any disadvantages running Z's metal matrix vs UPR's chromoly for the street?

Oh..I got UPR coilovers on strange struts already...
As the car sits now...

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have owned both k-members and used them in my Fox before, can't really say anything bad about either. The Team Z was a little heavier, but it felt like it was higher quality. The UPR comes with a lifetime warranty though. No real disadvantages, on either side. When I swap my K in the NE, I'm gonna go with UPR just for the warranty.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I run Team Z and would suggest them or PA racing. My Team Z fitment was amazing and I would have no problem and Im sure I will order from them again. Quality was top notch.

Reactions: Anirbond

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
I have a team z as well, no problems at all just make sure you get the correct springs on the coil overs (street vs drag).

·
☼ny
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys! I am more inclined to get the team z.
I have the 12-250 spring on the CO. Is that heavy enough for the street?

·
☼ny
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought so....I was sure I looked up everything when I got them...been a while

·
☼ny
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I freaking hate this K-member....After I unhooked it, it got wedged between the long tube headers and the engine hoist legs. The motor wouldn't clear it. I had to do a whole lot of pushing n pulling n jacking before I managed to slide that heavy piece of crap out from under the car....
Good Riddance......

·
Registered
647 Posts
I run Team Z and would suggest them or PA racing. My Team Z fitment was amazing and I would have no problem and Im sure I will order from them again. Quality was top notch.
i dont recommend the pa racing k for anything but narrow front tires. my stock wheels scrape the control arms every day on this setup. and if you have to run the stock arms whats the point? mine annoys the hell outta me. plus the stock steering rack bolt is faily long and the pa racing k needs a spacer on those bolts to take up the slack. the rest seems okay i give it a beating every day it holds up. but the rack mounts and control arms scraping pisses me off. i would try teamz or upr. my friend had a upr setup and seems to have better luck. he had complaints about his 9" wide front wheels rubbing on the sway bar link bracket, but he hasnt had an alignment yet.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
My friend just put a pa k frame on his 94 gt and doesn't have any issues.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
18x9 front

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I have heard good things but who knows. I like my Team Z and will buy one again for a foxbody when I get one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I run a UPR based k member that was built by sleeksleds in florida. I have QA1 control arms with UPR coilovers. 18x8.5" wheels and mine rub when i make a full circle but i havent had an alignment yet.

As far as quality goes, any brand will do fine for a DD. Every weld has 60,000-70,000 psi tensile strength.

·
☼ny
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered the Team Z K-member today! :)

As far as Griggs and MM go, their k-members are more road race oriented and are probably the sturdiest ones availabe. I wont be doing that though. I'll be drag racing in the future, but its a street car for now. I really wanted more clearance to work on the engine. I had no plans for getting a tubular kmember until I had to pull my motor again and got pissed at the stock one.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Good choice! You'll love it!

·
Registered
907 Posts
What is wrong with QA1? I have a QA1 and it's great. If I had my choice now I would go with UPR only becaue the On3 turbo kit is built around it. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts