Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So hard is this to do, and how do I go about doin it myself any help would be greatly appreciated

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
not to bad, seized bolts are the worst of it, go to autozone.dom and they have step by step instructions for your car with pics

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I would buy a Haynes manual.. since it explains everything about your car well u know its worth it

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
ohh and exactly what do you want to change? brakes (calipers etc) or just pads?

just wondering since some ppl call the pads brakes..

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh cool...would I need any special tools

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah im gonna de doing the pads

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
the pads are a cake walk man.

take out the 2 bolts per caliper and the caliper comes right off. (make sure not to let it hang.)

take the old pads out, lube the back of the new pads and bolts, press in the caliper pistons,( use a c clamp or brake kit) put the new pads on and bolt everything back up.

just check your fluid level after words and to a couple of slow brake tests to see if everything went ok.

and if you are doing the rear calipers you will need either a set of pliers or a special tool to depress the rear pistons in. they turn as they go down unlike the fronts which just push in.
Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Dont buy haynes

also get a thing of anti-sieze lubricant and lube the threads of the bolts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
the chilton website says their manual only goes from years 1984-1999. Decent amount of changes happened in the 2000+ cars. Plus I like my haynes manual.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok ill give it a try once I get cash for pads. I got a buddy thats gonna help too. My next question is how can I decrease the rubbing on the front right rotor untill I get paid

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
you will probably need to have the rotors turned at a shop or purchase new rotors too if it has gotten to that point. new rotors are about 25 bucks, or you can have stock ones turned for about 10 bucks at a shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts