Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so lately I have gone to the track and I have been trying to get a better time than [email protected] My main problem is my launch. I spin my tires a lot on the launch and usually in 2nd as well. 3rd is usually just a chirp. My 60' times are like 2.2-2.3 or so, so there is room for a lot of improvement with better tires and better suspension mods.

I was talking to a friend and they told me to get LCA relocation brackets to help with my lowered car. They told me that it will help the tires bite more on launch.

Is this what I should get to help with that? I know I need new tires but I am kind of confused on what would help my tires dig in more. I get no wheel hop at all so it leads me to believe the tires arent getting enough grip.

I am currently only running eibach springs. I am hoping to get new shocks sometime soon but thats only when I have the budget for new ones. I also have stock LCAs as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
If you need new tires like your signature says than get those first. Than, LCAs and Relocation Brackets.

·
Registered
337 Posts
ditto

and lowering changes the angles of your control arms and changes your instant center. so relocation brackets are a yes.

there are a bunch of other things you could do to your sus also. lca's, uca, stiffer roll bar, throw the eibachs in the garbage, adjustable shocks, lighten the nose, don't run 4.10's on street tires.

something I just figured out my car likes is instead of just letting the clutch out and putting the gas down like every other car I have ever drove, instead just blip the clutch enough to get the nose to pop then hit it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I agree with both of them ^^^^

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I def need new tires because the ones I have now started to harden up and they just arent as sticky as they used to be. They were awesome when I first got them though.

I was thinking of getting some nitto nt555r's but im not sure how well that will do with street driving. The car gets driven year round but gets less than 10 miles a work day put on it. I drive it down to LA once a year for the knotts show also.

I guess I should just invest in some drag radials and street tire sets. After that some LCA relocation brackets and LCAs. I havent been able to find much info on how the LCA relocation brackets help but I have read a lot about the LCAs and how they help.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
LCA brackets really only help if you are lowered or if your looking to hook hard at the track. If the LCA is pointed straight (like it is stock) its going to hook like stock, but if it is pointed down (with LCA brackets) it is going to make the axel keep from coming up into the wheel well and keep it planted on the ground!

This is what i have come to understand what LCA brackets due.....

I would more than recomend BMR! Great stuff!

Hope this hepls......someone pop in and tell me if im wrong!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yea I def need new tires because the ones I have now started to harden up and they just arent as sticky as they used to be. They were awesome when I first got them though.

I was thinking of getting some nitto nt555r's but im not sure how well that will do with street driving. The car gets driven year round but gets less than 10 miles a work day put on it. I drive it down to LA once a year for the knotts show also.

I guess I should just invest in some drag radials and street tire sets. After that some LCA relocation brackets and LCAs. I havent been able to find much info on how the LCA relocation brackets help but I have read a lot about the LCAs and how they help.
I run the Nitto NT555Rs on the street and at the track. I love them! I put more miles on them than that and I'm still going to get them again. I've got about 7,500 miles out of my set.

Once you lower the car you need the relocation brackets to improve the angle of the LCAs which in turns helps with traction. However, tires are hands down the best mod for traction. The LCAs and LCA Relocation Brackets are only going to help aid the tires in getting traction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts