Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T5 is acting weird. I think the synchros are going out on it. It doesn't ship smoothly, i have to force it in and out of gear, always grinds reverse, only goes into 3rd gear at certain rpms, only up shifts at 3k and below rpms, it also won't go into 2nd or 1st until I am at a dead stop. Any ideas? Also when it's in gear and the clutch is fully pressed in, it will still roll forward slightly. this is happening on a flat surface too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
your clutch cable and or clutch is shot,alot of times the factory quadrant wears out it is plastic and the teeth get worn do not drive your car like this you will kill your trans

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an aftermarket stage 2 clutch and aluminum quadrant. Could my cable have possibly stretched?

·
Registered
191 Posts
it is quite possible that your cable stretched,what kind is it and how long has it been on the car and do you have longtube headers

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have equal length headers, it along with the clutch nd tranny have only been in the car for a month. I think i got it from ebay like a year ago.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just finished readjusting it this morning, everything is back to normal. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts