Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help locating a good mustang tuner in the charlotte nc area or expert tuner via email. just got motor built : mild p/p heads, forged rods and pistons, 22cc dish with 8.8-9:1 ratio. Also running novi 2000 @ 10 psi. 90mm mass air with 4" inlet pipe 42 lb/hr injectors non intercooled. 75mm tb and plenum. I do not have a handheld tuner...yet. I have talked to Dave at prodyno in sc and he seemed to be familiar with fords but would like someone more local. Thanks for the info ahead of time!

:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can he tune the stock ecm or do I need to buy a sct?

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
Off subject: I know he specializes in Mustangs but I am going to get a C5 Z06 in the spring. You think he would tune that well?
I know some GM folks that have had there cars tuned up there. It has been a little while since then though. Might be a question better answered with a phone call to ProDyno 704-651-3807

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
ProDyno has a great reputation, certainly better than Amazon down in Anderson. I got JR Racing to set me up when I got my Vortech. They did pretty good work and the price was definitely right.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just buy the SCT from american muscle. I change my tunes about every couple of months whenever i get a new mod for free..Cant beat it if u ask me. Also i can switch the tune to save gas when im not at the track. The power is in my hands Byyaahh!!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I know 0949er got his tune by Dan at Pro Dyno and said good things about him.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm being told 500 plus hardware. So total is going to be $6-700. Seems a little high?????

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Just buy the SCT from american muscle. I change my tunes about every couple of months whenever i get a new mod for free..Cant beat it if u ask me. Also i can switch the tune to save gas when im not at the track. The power is in my hands Byyaahh!!
That's not a good option for a highly modified car at all.

I'm being told 500 plus hardware. So total is going to be $6-700. Seems a little high?????

Yeah, Pro-Dyno tuned my old GT a few years back, and I didn't think the price was unreasonable back then, but when I called him about getting the tune for the Bullitt, and I already own an X3, so no equipment involved, he told me $450........ I asked him if that came with lube, and took my junk to Fastlane Motorsports and had Caleb tune it for $350, but that came with 2 tunes because I was running nitrous, so in essence, he had to tune the car twice.

I was extremely happy with Fastlane, but you were talking about Pro-Dyno being far away, so I know you don't want to go all the way to Benson.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i really don't think pro dyno is high in any way after checking with two other tuners and seeing that they both charged at least 50 bucks more than pro dyno.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
don't buy a tuner, I would just get a chip and let dan do the tuning. Thats what he does with me. I got a chip and tune. Dan might cost a tad bit more, but the support you get behind him is well worth the cost. Our "group" of mustangs work real close with Dan and he has never once left us hanging. He knows his stuff, and will have no problems telling you what you need to know, he wont hold back and wont sugar coat anything (very good in my opinion).

Anyways, I have had my car tuned there at least 4 times. Well worth it. Wont take my mustang anywhere else, even if they give me $100 off.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well guys I've got a sct sf3 on the way and Dyno session scheduled for next Wednesday. Hoping to use the act to do some datalogging. Is that a pain in the ass? Definitely will keep you guys posted and will put up my HP tq #s. Hoping for 4-450 to the wheels

1 - 20 of 24 Posts