Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear some opinions. I have a 08 GT , 5 speed manual , 3.55 gears , k&n cai and flowmasters. I want to get a chip , but don't know where to start. Should I just buy one and install it myself or have it done?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
that all depends on your plans honestly. I prefer the use of datalogging on the actual road in order to build a tune, while some people prefer the dyno tunes.

If it is a mild car, then I would pick either a SCT, Diablo sport, or sniper handheld tuner. Once you get it, hook up with a person that makes custom tunes while using those devices.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
are you saying i should ditch the k&n?
Yes, it is a worthwhile upgrade. The big three CAIs for our cars (C&L, JLT, and Steeda) all make a good bit more power over the K&N.

As for the tuner, I would go with a SCT Xcal3 from BamaChips with one of his race tunes.

BamaChips C&L Street / Racer Intake Combo [BC C&L Street/Racer X-cal pack] - $649.00 : Bamachips, The Mustang Tuning Source

or if you would rather keep the k&n and just get the tuner, get this.

BamaChips Custom X-calibrator 3 05-up Mustang GT BamaChips Custom X-calibrator 2 05-07 Mustang GT [X3] - $399.00 : Bamachips, The Mustang Tuning Source

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
4:10's would do that far ya.
he's gonna need to caliberate the speedo anyway Dr.

street cars do need to be tuned on the street.... I am so glad you said that.. no dyno queen drives in the ****in rain.

My friend, you need hand held programmer, is supercedes the "CHIP" solid state circuits of the past.. the new spanish oaks software your car runs is as advanced as it comes and to a point learns its own engine.

you will need a competant tuner unless you really think you can plug in your wideband, create a custom AFR vs. commanded vs. actuall histogram to correct you MAF curve and VE table(s). no two cars are alike, screw a canned tuned, yeah they do work... but your afr will NEVER be dialed in right... hell most stock cars arent

you owe your car a few hundred $$ if you want to do this RIGHT, good luck and listen to these guys.:D

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
You know I may have a Diablo Predator, (U7145) which is the one you need for '07+ S197's, in a couple of weeks. I may be switching to SCT because of my auto tranny. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Considering you can pick up a racer intake and diablo with 3 tunes for 569 yea you should ditch the K&N. You need a handheld either way.
I have to say...that is the best C&L/Predator price I've seen yet.

This combo will wake your car right the hell up. I know this because I hooked my buddy up with the same **** last year and he still never shuts up about the gains he's feeling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts