Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to replace two black bullit rims on my car and apparently AM is using a different rim then when I bought mine last year. Well these new rims look cheap as hell and goofy period. totally different. Anyone know where I can get the same style I have?

On a side note ordered the rims yesterday and they got here today, great speed AM but the new bullits suck. Take it from ford fan boy number one, those rims are not for new mustangs go back to the old design.

They might look good on a sn95 but they are way to rounded for the lines on the s197

·
Registered
543 Posts
The newer wheels do have a different lip then our old ones, but other then that they really are not much different. The only thing that really changed is the lip.

I understand you are upset that they don't match our old style wheels, and if you haven't already called us to return them yet, PM me your full name and/or order number and I would be happy to either set up the return for you, or alternatively I can set you up with a really nice discount on the other 2 wheels so they you have a matching set.

-Nick

·
Registered
543 Posts
amnick I see you looking. These are what I need brother. I hate that rounded lip on the other rims. The spokes look different as well to me but that could be an illusion.
Unfortunately I am unable to get the old style wheels anymore as they stopped making them. I wish I could, but the offer still stands to hook you up with a really good discount on the other two new wheels if you haven't already returned the two new ones.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The newer wheels do have a different lip then our old ones, but other then that they really are not much different. The only thing that really changed is the lip.

I understand you are upset that they don't match our old style wheels, and if you haven't already called us to return them yet, PM me your full name and/or order number and I would be happy to either set up the return for you, or alternatively I can set you up with a really nice discount on the other 2 wheels so they you have a matching set.

-Nick
Body shop is dealing with it and they talked to chris. I dont like them, but even if i did they look totally different standing next to my other two rims. this is an insurance issue im not buying so I dont know how it can be handled. And even if the insurance company would pay for 4 rims...those rims would not be it. Im not upset at all brother, i just always sound that way :) You got them here fast as ****, UPS drivers sleep at your place or what?

Do you know if the old style is still being made and sold by another company? I know that doesnt get you the sale but i need rims that match.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Body shop is dealing with it and they talked to chris. I dont like them, but even if i did they look totally different standing next to my other two rims. this is an insurance issue im not buying so I dont know how it can be handled. And even if the insurance company would pay for 4 rims...those rims would not be it. Im not upset at all brother, i just always sound that way :) You got them here fast as ****, UPS drivers sleep at your place or what?

Do you know if the old style is still being made and sold by another company? I know that doesnt get you the sale but i need rims that match.
Hehe, you beat me to the reply...see post above yours. :D But yeah, I wish I could get the old ones, but these are the only style we can get right now. :sorry I could see the rounded lip looking bad next to the old lip if that is what you are used to, but by itself on the car I think the wheel looks pretty darn good personally...but that's just my humble opinion.

You're probably not going to be able to find the original style anywhere if we can't get them. If you don't, the original two options still stand or if that doesn't work, if you are interested in a set of 4 of different style wheels that we have let me know and I can see what I can do about a decent discount.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehe, you beat me to the reply...see post above yours. :D But yeah, I wish I could get the old ones, but these are the only style we can get right now. :sorry I could see the rounded lip looking bad next to the old lip if that is what you are used to, but by itself on the car I think the wheel looks pretty darn good personally...but that's just my humble opinion.

You're probably not going to be able to find the original style anywhere if we can't get them. If you don't the original two options still stand or if that doesn't work, if you are interested in a set of 4 of different style wheels that we have let me know and I can see what I can do about a decent discount.
Alright. Well I let the adjuster and the body shop come up with whatever. he said he saw simlilar rims to my style on late model's site. Thanks for the help ill get back to you.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Hm, I wish I could see the picture. I purchased my black bullits in june/july and I love how they look. Nick, where the ones I bought new or old style?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hm, I wish I could see the picture. I purchased my black bullits in june/july and I love how they look. Nick, where the ones I bought new or old style?
Your's would be the new style. Personally I like them too, they look great on any Mustang I have seen them on.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I know what you mean Rich. I am actually GLAD that AM sent me 4 bad sets of those wheels, because for the 5th set they went with a different manufacturer. I really don't like the design of the ones they sell now, way too rounded and bubbly, they look weird. THe ones they wound up sending me look even cooler than the old style. But I don't know where they got them. I think wheel replicas.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts