Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to change my stock muffles to a set of flowmasters but i do not want it whole lot louder than stock just a little.i was thinking original 40,super 40 ,40 series is any of these right for me or should i go 50 series .thanks for your vote

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I have 60s on my car right now and it's not much louder than stock. I've actually got them listed for sale in the classifieds if you're interested.

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok ill think about it , but i think im leaning toward the 50 series,. aggresive but not real aggresive.if you know what i mean!, What are you upgrading to?

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much for the 60 series ?and are they axle ?how old are they? and why are you going back to stock? if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
476 Posts
I really liked my Flowmaster AT's with the stock manifolds. Not too much louder than stock, but with a nice grumble. That would be my vote.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Flowmaster Pro seires Hushpowers on my car and I love them not real loud untill you stomp on it

·
Feb '14 ROTM
7,253 Posts
When I had Flowmaster AT 40's with stock pipes and all, it wasn't that loud. Now I have complete exhaust and the car screams like a banshee.

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok cool great info .would any body object to the 50 series they sound prettygood on utube. nice groul but not to over the top

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
If you want something that sounds good and just a little over stock, keep the stock mufflers and get a prochamber. I think it'll sound awesome.

·
dirt/street Motorsports
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok ill look that up[ a PROCHAMBER ]never heard of it

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
its pure sex i have one on my car and changed the exhaust tone and I LOVE IT

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree with lethal dosage and I believe anothers197gt has a prochamber for sale too lol..

·
Mechanical Engineer
410 Posts
The cats have a lot to do with sound. I have the FR500S axle back, bassani modular xpipe and had highflow cats. sounded more European with the cats and got twice as loud and sounded totally different without.

I had flowmaster 40 delta flows on my 2001 with nothing but 3" pipes and it sounded pure beast. you could not talk on the phone in the car.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
When I installed my full MAC exhaust, I always wanted to go back to the stock mufflers with the MAC longtube headers n prochamber. In my opinion, not many aftermarket mufflers are better than stock. If you want better sound, replace the headers n mid-pipe

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i'm using the stock mufflers and you'd be amazed at how great it sounds. of course i also have LT's and o/r prochamber along with heads and cams.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts