Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little brother has a 99 laser red mustang. Over the winter he slid off the road and hit a snowbank, luckily doing no damage other than a large crack in his front bumper. Well, he got a new bumper off a 2001 GT a few days ago. He has yet to put it on, but he says it definitely looks newer than his and hes wondering if its possible to use some products to get his paint to match the "shineyness" of the newer bumper. Ive never done anything other than claybar/wash/wax so I have no idea. He got his car last fall and I'm fairly certain he hasn't even waxed it yet. I'm willing to help him out but I'm so new at any detailing that I'm just looking for advice. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
For over the counter products try out some Meguiars Ultimate Compound then follow up with some Ultimate Polish. This combo should help remove some of the oxidation he has on his paint plus you can do it to your ride as well and make that white brighter.

So your routine would not be

Wash
Clay
Ultimate compound
Ultimate polish
IPA wipe down (wiping down the ride down with a clean microfiber, put rubbing alcohol mixed 1:1 with filtered water in a spray bottle, bassically like your using a quick detailer)
Wax

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, thanks. Ill let him know and give it a shot this weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
alright, thanks. Ill let him know and give it a shot this weekend hopefully.
No problem it will also help remove some swirls and scratches from the finish just use some microfiber applicator pads to get the job done. I think autozone was having a sale on them if you get Meguiars Ultimate compound you then get Ultimate polish for 50% off.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
For over the counter products try out some Meguiars Ultimate Compound then follow up with some Ultimate Polish. This combo should help remove some of the oxidation he has on his paint plus you can do it to your ride as well and make that white brighter.

So your routine would not be

Wash
Clay
Ultimate compound
Ultimate polish
IPA wipe down (wiping down the ride down with a clean microfiber, put rubbing alcohol mixed 1:1 with filtered water in a spray bottle, bassically like your using a quick detailer)
Wax
Agreed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts