Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CC plates are maxed out and I have visible negative camber. Is there anything I can do before going to get an alignment so that they could adjust it back within spec, or will they be able to adjust more than just the CC plates?

Lowered with about an inch gap, CC plates, Bilstein struts and UPR Coilover kit.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Your car looks pretty low. Get c/c plates and then align it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front struts should have an elongated top strut bolt hole. Jack up the front end loosen both bolts and pull the knuckle towards you. Then tighten the bolts back down. It will give you a little more positive camber.
Good information. So there's still a chance I can adjust some more out. A few degrees is okay, but no as much as it has now.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
How much negative camber do you have, what CC plates do you have? There should be 1.0° or a bit better for better handling and acceptable tire wear--which is quite visible. The spec is -0.50° ±0.75°, for a range of +0.25° to -1.25°. Anything less than -0.50° and the car will handle like crap, plowing through turns...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
What CC plates do you have? I ask because the Maximum Motorsports plates, and perhaps others, can be installed with the bearing plates in two orientations depending on how much correction is required. It is not uncommon for them to be incorrectly installed for the required amount of camber adjustment.

I have never installed any MM plates (I prefer Steeda's), however I have corrected a couple. I believe they are shipped with the bearing plates in the green, minimum correction, position and must be reassembled with the plates swapped left to right...

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
I got the eibach camber bolts from AM.
I ended up getting .4-.6 more positive camber, far from their claimed 1.7.
Its the same as widening the top bolt holes.

You could do both, but you shouldnt need to. Anything under 1 degree has fine tire wear.

I have the same set up except Im on strange struts. MM c/c plates, maxed both caster and positive camber.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Op, did you install the caster/camber plates or did they come on the car?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Good information. So there's still a chance I can adjust some more out. A few degrees is okay, but no as much as it has now.

no, A FEW degrees is NOT ok, if your struts are elongated and maxed out as well as your CC plates you need to either look into different plates or take them off and shave out the inside of the strut towers..my .02

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Op, did you install the caster/camber plates or did they come on the car?
They came on the car when I bought it, at the time it was lowered, but the plates weren't maxed, now it's lowered more and they're maxed out. There's no logo or part number on the top of the plates, just a blank metal plate.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no, A FEW degrees is NOT ok, if your struts are elongated and maxed out as well as your CC plates you need to either look into different plates or take them off and shave out the inside of the strut towers..my .02
Shave out the inside of the strut towers? You just mean elongate the holes to give it more adjustment?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Shave out the inside of the strut towers? You just mean elongate the holes to give it more adjustment?

Yes, Sounds sketchy but Its not youd be surprised lol and we talked about it in my 4 wheel alignment and my steering and suspension class last week, I have a similar problem but im only off .7 from where it needs to be and Thats what our instructor told me we could do than well throw it back up and re adjust it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts