Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site y'all. I have used these types of forums before and find them very useful. Just bought a new 2015 GT Premium. Got the 6 speed automatic...kinda wish it have a manual but I could not pass up the price on this car. Want to look into a new intake - whats the best on for this car? that will be the first mod....thoughts please.

Thanks for listening...
-Mark

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have a 11 GT auto, the first mod I did was Steeda Cold air intake & tuner. Next I did rear control arms & 1 piece driveshaft. The biggest improvement came from a Circle D 4C converter(huge improvement)!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Mark,

First off, welcome to MM and congratulations on the purchase!

An intake, exhaust or a tuner is ideal for the first modification. As far as intakes go, i'm personally a huge fan of JLT intakes. Simple, effective and they look great. Paint matching the intake tube to match your Mustang is an option as well.

Here's a link to our JLT brand section for 2015-16 Mustangs:
JLT Performance

Let me know if you have any questions. I offer competitive pricing, a 7% forum discount as well as free shipping.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,951 Posts
If you get a cai(cold air intake, when you say 'intake' most think you are talking about a manifold), jlt is my preference as well. Just remember, when you buy a cai for this car it will need a tune with it. Remember also, that canned tunes suck. Plain and simple. I tuned a 15 last week, it was a bear to do and get good power out of it. I got 432 at the tires out of it. I would look at mufflers and small stuff you don't need to tune for until you find a reputable tuner in your area to work with. jmho, but I tune for a living and I won't do mail order tunes except for special cases. Only good thing is these cars have widebands on them and datalogs are very informative, but without a dyno there is no conclusive proof the tune is improving the hp, unless you do before and afters at the strip.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,951 Posts
Tim Matherly comes to mind. Other than that I have no clue.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

And that's why I want a Coyote...
Lol, that's why the car in my sig is now a coyote turbo......

·
Tig3rb8
1,355 Posts
Tim Matherly comes to mind. Other than that I have no clue.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Lol, that's why the car in my sig is now a coyote turbo......
Do you know any tuners in South Louisiana ?

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I would throw on a catbacks exhaust and add some rear suspension upgrades. If you're honest with yourself most of us rarely get to use all the power the car has stock so making it handle and hook lets you enjoy it more.

·
Tig3rb8
1,355 Posts
I had Stanghi in B.R. do some work on mine. Was fair and did a good job. I had no issues. Some like Cody, some don't. PM me if you want more details.
The group leader of 225 stangs I'm in works at Stang Hi ... I've heard both sides about Cody .....I just don't wanna void my new car warranty yet .... I live in the same parish as you...lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
this is my fourth stang, i have the 16 gt with the performance package and I'm doing everything in my power to get rid of the clunking noise but for every car I've ever had I do CAI muffler delete, xpipe, lowering springs as my first mods. this time i also added steeda short throw, and irs bushings and clutch spring. the steeda CAI is my choice just because you don't need to run a tune with it if you buy the restrictor for the unit. i also bought the GT350r steering wheel!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts