Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some 285/40/19 Pirelli Pzero tires installed on my 2013 GT yesterday. Got them both used for $340 shipped on ebay with both having around 70% tread life left. I'm really happy with the tires and the fitment. They look great on the car and fit the 19x10 wheels perfectly. I don't understand why more people don't run this size and why there aren't more tire options for the size. But anyway let me know what you guys think! More pics coming soon :)

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
I've heard very bad reviews about them. It's like buying stock all seasons agian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome deal. I went through the wheels thread on the SVT forums, and I think that size is one of the best looking you can put on the back.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I believe its the same factory tires but wider, not good in performance wise, but looks good for sure

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it's the stock pirelli pzero (not all season) just wider and taller. they work great when it's warm, just not when it's cold. treadwear has been great for me too.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it will fit the back, up front though probably will rub the strut up front. not a good idea to run them on the 19x9 wheels though. not the best fitment. 275/40/19 would fit better.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Was thinking about going with 275 35,s all around.According to the chart the 35,s will be closer to the original 255 40,s than the 275 40.Anyone have experience or ideas about whether to go with 275 40,s or 35,s and why!! Would appreciate the input brothers!!

·
Yep
105 Posts
285/35/19s on the Brembo wheels fit all the way around. Been running them for 20K and have never rubbed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You have a link to a pic with the 285s? May be the route I go until I swap wheels.

·
Yep
105 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Brembo package on my 2011 GT, and am running 275-35-19's up front, 285-35-19's in the rear. I did check, the 285's fit the front without rubbing (lowered on Eibachs currently)...the only reason I didn't do 285's all around is they only had a pair available, so I went with a tiny stagger. A 285-40-19 would be .94" taller than the 255-40-19's that came on the 9" wide Brembo wheel, which would throw off your speedometer and read slower.

·
Registered
338 Posts
285/35/19s on the Brembo wheels fit all the way around. Been running them for 20K and have never rubbed.
Every tire dealer i have spoke to told me no way the 285 35 will fit the 9inch stock Brembo wheel,EVERY SINGLE ONE! I was also told that a 275 35 would rub up front at some point.You have never rubbed at all up front under any circumstance??

·
Registered
691 Posts
im dropped on frpp k springs with 285/35's on my brembo wheels and i have zero issues rubbing as well

·
Yep
105 Posts
Tires have never rubbed. They fit perfect with room to spare. The tires are wide, and getting them mounted on the rims are tricky. But they fit and look great.

Again, never, under any circumstance, have the tires rubbed.

Hope this helps!

Nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts