1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know you all hear this all the time but what do you all think of this:
stock block bored out to 347
dss pro bullet stroker kit
use my trick flow heads and intake and other random stuff (ported and polished)
my question is what's the wildest cam i can use for this while having it s/c and street frieldly? i want my 347 to be revvin to 7000 rpm

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
7000 is a bit of a stretch in a stock block.. 6200 is about all u need. i have a TFS stage 2 and its pretty beefy and still streetable in my stock block 347 stroker. and alot cheaper then a coustom grind..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
you should get all grade 8 bolts for your engine just pull every bolt off and take it to the hardware store and get grade 8 it will cost u about 30-50 but u will have strong bolts.. reuse your crank bolt,flywheel bolts, main cap bolts, buy some arp head bolts or there is a company called pioneer that has head bolts that are like $45

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
i know you all hear this all the time but what do you all think of this:
stock block bored out to 347
dss pro bullet stroker kit
use my trick flow heads and intake and other random stuff (ported and polished)
my question is what's the wildest cam i can use for this while having it s/c and street frieldly? i want my 347 to be revvin to 7000 rpm
yea umm you cant rev a 347 to 7000 on a stock computer either the rev limiter is 6250

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
A supercharged 347 with trickflow heads on a stock block might be recipe for disaster. Depending on the charger and the rest of your set-up, you could easily exceed the limits of that block. Personally, I would start with a 351W and go from there, that gives you much more room to grow. If you still want to stroke it theres plenty of combo's for a 351 and your Trick Flows will bolt right up. Engine wise, you only need a different lower to make all of your 5.0 stuff work, and different headers, I think.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
^ I have to disagree with that. There a guy here in my area that drives a mustang GT with a paxton s/c running full boost on stock block and afr heads. Hasn't blown it yet but I still have to say it can be done. I also agree with you about room for disaster because of the displacement and yes I would do an older production 351w which can hold an easy 700hp so yep... room to grow so who's to say what hp youll get when you punch out the 351.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
^ I have to disagree with that. There a guy here in my area that drives a mustang GT with a paxton s/c running full boost on stock block and afr heads. Hasn't blown it yet but I still have to say it can be done. I also agree with you about room for disaster because of the displacement and yes I would do an older production 351w which can hold an easy 700hp so yep... room to grow so who's to say what hp youll get when you punch out the 351.
First off what do you mean by full boost? Im guessing it could be anywhere btw 5-15lbs??

A built 306 with 8-10 lbs of boost is going to make hp somewhere in the 400's which is ok for a stock block.

But we are talking about a motor that should be making somewhere in the 400's alone on motor then throwing 8-10 lbs of boost at it,,, umm that is not the idea for the stock block nor your pocket when the block lets go..

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
AHH ok you got me sorry. I fully read the thread but did think before I typed. Didn't know you were reffering to n/a block power. but at the same time, I was reffering to fogged306's response on his first sentence. But it's cool.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
thanks captain obvious....you really do have a keen eye...
:D I was not meaning for that to be a smart remark.Seriously its just the way i worded it.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I hear excellent things about dart
well dart and world use to =dart then one of the two partners split up and world products emerged.

In the end both of them make excellent products and you cant go wrong with anything either one of the companies make.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
ya if u want to spin those rpm's then get something with a 4 bolt main..
dart,world products,some of the old ford motorsports blocks,the boss block,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts