Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it had a old dirty k&n air filter but it was filthy even after a recharge kit, so i bought a semi cheap one, non cotton, but it doesnt make as loud as a wine when i stomp on the gas as when it had the dirty k&n, so is this new one no good or is it actually getting good flow?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
u should have just cleaned the **** out of the K&N soak it in water use the hose let it dry and oil it...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
or just buy a new k&n

·
Registered
25 Posts
k&n filters should last forever without washing/recharging (or so they say). I say give it another cleaning and use the old one

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
a new air filter could give you 10 hp if its nasty.....clean the **** out of the old one...i think there is directions on how to do it right...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Just get a fender well kit on Ebay for $30

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok instead of paying around 60$ all 2gether for the piping for that kit i can go down to pep boys and buy the same piping and run it into the fender myself, what size piping should i make this intake?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
k&n do last forever u just have to clean the with low pressure water and shake them and let them dry no air compressor.. then u put the k&n oil on them...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts