Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Motorized]

IS THIS LEGAL ANYWHERE????
Need one for the front and back.

To bad the ad did not show one on a car.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
ummm I would put it on the back so i could Run the tolls and no one would ever get my plate:eek:

·
Registered
381 Posts
ummm I would put it on the back so i could Run the tolls and no one would ever get my plate:eek:
I have one on my bike (gsxr1000)! I get chased alot LOL Now I can put one on the stang!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i dont think front plate are required in CA. ive had mine off for 6 months, even been pulled over for a speeding ticket, no one has said crap about it

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It is required. But alot of people don't have them so its hit or miss on them actually calling you on it.

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
there's also a non motorized version that I've seen before. Its one of those things where, depending on how you use it dictates the legality. We're suppose to have our plate on the front bumper here in VA but the only place I seem to catch hell for it is when I go into military bases. The law is something like "must be displayed on the front of the vehicle". Technically the window, imo, is the front of the vehicle; 3 feet up but still technically the front. I was pulled over 3 weeks ago, cop looked for my front plate and didnt say anything to me...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
wow this is kind of cool but I see people doing illegal things and getting them banned

·
Registered
748 Posts
wow this is kind of cool but I see people doing illegal things and getting them banned

ie: hey i just installed a supercharger and now theres a cop behind me.. lets remove my license plate and floor it.

5min later, oh **** theres a helo above me.. wtf.

10min later, jail sucks.

24 hours later, american muscle removes them from the sight due to intense illegality.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
yes I see it happening exactly like you predicted

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
i dont think front plate are required in CA. ive had mine off for 6 months, even been pulled over for a speeding ticket, no one has said crap about it
Front plate is required in Cali, though it's not very enforced.

They mostly just use "no front plate" as PC to pull you over if they think they can get you for something else, and only ticket you for it if that something else doesn't exist.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thats **** is amazing I want one now. I just put that down for most imported things to buy for my Cobra. I just dont know if it will work with my Saleen licence plate cover. Yeah it wont thats for sure.

Heres are couple of vids of what it look like very nice
Shelby

On 335 Bemmer

Here the one I wanted from day one which is better than all of these on the Bullrun Gallardo
But this one is expensive

This is one is slick for European plates

Some of these are from a company called show and go and they are cheaper
here the link found it for $120

Off course it legal just like have N20 and tvs and having 2000 hp street cars.
I would love to see the cops face when I get stopped for not having plate than when walks up to the window I press the button and tell him to go check and ask him if he is feeling alright lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
In TX it's required but I have no seen anyone pulled over for it. Unfortunately my car actually has the license plate holder :/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts