Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

We just installed our new anti-hop kit on our 2010 and I wanted to share some pictures. The kit is 100% bolt on and only takes 1-2 hours to install. Car is heading to the track this weekend to see what 60' improvements we can gain on a bone stock car, we have already seen some great improvements on modded vehicles.

More pictures can be seen here- 2005-2010 Ford Mustang Rear Anti-Hop Kit- Stage 1 [103560] - $159.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
nice, stop driving through mud

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
explain this

i have upper lower arms and a panhard bar

at 6500 rpms when i shift third it hops three times real quick....doesint spin clean....but doesint hook either...is it my tires makeing this happen?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Yeah, that rear part of the relocation bracket looks like it's thin. Not to knock them, what I mean is shouldn't the sides be welded? A nasty Mickey drag radial launch with big power seems like it could twist them.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
explain this

i have upper lower arms and a panhard bar

at 6500 rpms when i shift third it hops three times real quick....doesint spin clean....but doesint hook either...is it my tires makeing this happen?
That is wheel hop and it is very common on these vehicles. Every S197 I have owned/driven has had severe wheel hop issues. A set of the relocation brackets seen above would make a large impact on this and a noticeable difference. Here is a link to the just the brackets- 2005-2010 Ford Mustang Rear Control Arm Relocation Brackets- Bolt In [1060] - $87.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

Yeah, that rear part of the relocation bracket looks like it's thin. Not to knock them, what I mean is shouldn't the sides be welded? A nasty Mickey drag radial launch with big power seems like it could twist them.
Yes we do recommend welding if the car is going to see the track often. We are advertising/selling the bolt on kits for street cars and cars running 11's and slower.. if you are taking the car to the track we do highly recommend welding them. We also offer our weld in only design which is less expensive and seen here- 2005-2010 Ford Mustang Rear Control Arm Relocation Brackets- Weld In [1059] - $63.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts