Modded Mustang Forums banner

Which Axle Back?

• MBRP

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Corsa

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • SLP (Not Loudmouth)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Flowmaster American Thunder (Agressive)

Votes: 3 20.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Pypes violator exhaust on my GT I would like some axle backs which are louder but not un bearable and with as little highway drone as possible. I am looking at MBRP, Corsa, SLP (not loudmouth), and Flowmaster American Thunder Agressive. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Corsa is expensive as hell, but they do sound great. A little quiet with just mufflers, but along with longtubes and high flow cats Corsa is one great sounding muffler.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
How about boom tubes? I have not heard them in person, but everyone that haves them loves them. Supposedly they only drone a little or don't drone at all.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I'm running LT's, O/R H-pipe, & Flowmaster AT's. The only drone I get is when the A/C is on and it occurs at idle (650 RPM) and at about 1300-1400 RPM. Again that is only with the A/C on fo some reason. I get a little trumpeting right at 2500 RPM but just for a second and only under certain throttle positions/engine load. I like the old school sound it makes.
Here is my 5 min. ride to work. Took the video from inside the car with the back seat split so if you hear a little rattling it's from my golf clubs in the trunk. @ 1:13 a cop pulls up across the intersection so I can't really get on it getting on the freeway. But at 3:40 I pull on the second freeway and take it up to about 120 MPH. Enjoy the ride.

As soon as I find my tripod mount I will do a drive by video.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Stingers FTW!!!!!
Go with FRPP though because they are a ton cheaper.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
For what it's worth, these are my MBRP's. No drone, deeper than they sound in the video, and they sound fairly stock during normal driving. Loud enough to grab attention when you stand on it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Stingers FTW!!!!!
Go with FRPP though because they are a ton cheaper.
nearly $500 is cheap to you? Dude sign me up for what ever job you have..........................:)

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Full stainless bassani exhaust.....amazing.....not that it was one of your choices but what the hell right.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts