Modded Mustang Forums banner

Which Axle Back?

• MBRP

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Corsa

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • SLP (Not Loudmouth)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Flowmaster American Thunder (Agressive)

Votes: 3 20.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Pypes violator exhaust on my GT I would like some axle backs which are louder but not un bearable and with as little highway drone as possible. I am looking at MBRP, Corsa, SLP (not loudmouth), and Flowmaster American Thunder Agressive. What are your thoughts?

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Corsa is expensive as hell, but they do sound great. A little quiet with just mufflers, but along with longtubes and high flow cats Corsa is one great sounding muffler.

· Registered
1,646 Posts
How about boom tubes? I have not heard them in person, but everyone that haves them loves them. Supposedly they only drone a little or don't drone at all.

· Registered
13,686 Posts
I'm running LT's, O/R H-pipe, & Flowmaster AT's. The only drone I get is when the A/C is on and it occurs at idle (650 RPM) and at about 1300-1400 RPM. Again that is only with the A/C on fo some reason. I get a little trumpeting right at 2500 RPM but just for a second and only under certain throttle positions/engine load. I like the old school sound it makes.
Here is my 5 min. ride to work. Took the video from inside the car with the back seat split so if you hear a little rattling it's from my golf clubs in the trunk. @ 1:13 a cop pulls up across the intersection so I can't really get on it getting on the freeway. But at 3:40 I pull on the second freeway and take it up to about 120 MPH. Enjoy the ride.

As soon as I find my tripod mount I will do a drive by video.

· Registered
1,430 Posts
Stingers FTW!!!!!
Go with FRPP though because they are a ton cheaper.
nearly $500 is cheap to you? Dude sign me up for what ever job you have..........................:)

· Registered
338 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.