Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got my BBK shorty headers and got there catalog. I dont know if anyones aware but they are about to release a new intake manifold for 4.6L 96-2004 GT. I tried to find a picture but did not find it. Ill try to scan the catalog when I get home. here what it says on the BBK website:

Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? Increased horsepower without the current trade off for lost low end performance, in a package that requires no other modifications. Then take a look at this all new BBK DSI – dual stage Intake runner manifold for all 1996-2004 4.6L Ford Mustang. As today’s breed of smaller displacement motors use small diameter medium length runners to deliver the torque that consumers demand. It has always been a trade off to introduce a larger or shorter runner such as others in the aftermarket as the small horsepower increase at the top end is more than lost with the decrease in low and mid range torque. To provide the best of both worlds BBK engineers designed an intake manifold that features extra long small diameter runners for increased low end over stock with short large diameter runners for increased top end performance.

With eight electronically activated butterflies enthusiasts can pick the RPM at which they need to transition from the long runners to a combination of long & short runners. The best part is that the entire set up is packaged within the factory parameters so such things as existing throttle body & cold air upgrades will still work with this new manifold.

Our in house dyno testing has showed very strong gains on stock engine combinations with even better performance on models with traditional bolt on goodies and even higher increases on supercharged models. This new system comes as a complete manifold package and includes new high flow billet aluminum fuel rails.
Available FALL 2008

Price 999.99:eek:

·
Registered
927 Posts
"Our in house dyno testing has showed very strong gains on stock engine combinations "

we need numbers BBK

thanks for the info andres0286

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no prob, theres more info on the catalog, ill get it up in about an hour

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thats it:D

Heres the info in the BBK Catalog:

·
Registered
927 Posts
that looks nice .

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you think about the price? 999.99

Its definetly more worth it than a Bullitt manifold

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But at least its a direct replacement, not like the bullitt that you have to spend another 1000 on parts to make it fit

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I kind of like the BBK one because of the individual butterflys in each runner

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will have to see what numbers the BBK comes up with. But it looks promising for now

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
what sucks is all the advertisments claim hp and tq gains but when they actually go on the dyno with someone you know they don't make ****. Trickflow is junk, car actually lost power on a supercharged car. I hope some of these intakes actually do something for our cars. But all these intakes are still too damn expensive. I am going to spend that much i might as well buy a hogan or sulliven

·
Registered
927 Posts
What do you think about the price? 999.99

Its definetly more worth it than a Bullitt manifold
thtas the retail price ..but still to high for the little gains .

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its a high price, but considering the price of a Bullitt intake, this is way more practical

1 - 20 of 20 Posts