Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Ram clutch that came with a throw out bearing, I was wondering while I have a clutch out with the tranny, should I getting other bearings besides the throw out? Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just installed a Ram clutch also. I used there TO bearing and its junk. Buy a Ford Racing TO and Pilot bearing and your good to go. By the way I really like the clutch, good luck

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
I just installed a Ram clutch also. I used there TO bearing and its junk. Buy a Ford Racing TO and Pilot bearing and your good to go. By the way I really like the clutch, good luck
+1

·
Registered
470 Posts
You might wanna replace the clutch fork aswell if the metal clips that hold the throwout bearing are weak, also check the metal clips that sit behind the pivot ball for weakness, i replaced mine cuz the clips were super weak, Ford Racing OEM replacements are only 20$ anyways and they have a zinc coating to prevent rust unlike the factory ones cuz mine was rusted to hell. And my pivot stud was grooved and indented to hell aswell so might aswell replace them while everything is off the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts