Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track Sunday for the first time this year. They were really busy so I only got 3 runs. First run I ****ed up my 1-2 shift real bad (my foot-hand coordination is a bit rusty lol) and thought I blew the clutch. [email protected]

Second run was much better. This was on my regular Nitto street tires BTW. [email protected] with a 1.86 60 foot. Third run basically backed that one up, [email protected] with a 1.93 60 foot.

I was very happy with the results. I wasn't launching hard at all (slipping clutch out at 3ish) and the tires didn't spin at all. Was shifting pretty slow too. I think I coulda done better with more aggressive driving and a few more runs to sort it out. I was really surprised, I had no tire spin on launch. I never thought I'd run that quick with a street tire. So **** buying drag radials, next year I'm running 12.90s with these tires, full weight, just as I drove in off the highway.

So the moral of the story is, BMR springs, LCAs, and brackets WORK. Bilstein struts/shocks, despite being more suited for corners, WORK. Nitto 555s hook pretty good, and get surprisingly sticky with a little heat.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Went to the track Sunday for the first time this year. They were really busy so I only got 3 runs. First run I ****ed up my 1-2 shift real bad (my foot-hand coordination is a bit rusty lol) and thought I blew the clutch. [email protected]

Second run was much better. This was on my regular Nitto street tires BTW. [email protected] with a 1.86 60 foot. Third run basically backed that one up, [email protected] with a 1.93 60 foot.

I was very happy with the results. I wasn't launching hard at all (slipping clutch out at 3ish) and the tires didn't spin at all. Was shifting pretty slow too. I think I coulda done better with more aggressive driving and a few more runs to sort it out. I was really surprised, I had no tire spin on launch. I never thought I'd run that quick with a street tire. So **** buying drag radials, next year I'm running 12.90s with these tires, full weight, just as I drove in off the highway.

So the moral of the story is, BMR springs, LCAs, and brackets WORK. Bilstein struts/shocks, despite being more suited for corners, WORK. Nitto 555s hook pretty good, and get surprisingly sticky with a little heat.
Your welcome. :p Those relo brackets were a hard sell on you.

Good work. Thats about my best on the 555s was 1.9X 60s. Only difference was the nsr cams so i ran some 12.8Xs at 111. Good luck on the 12s no reason why not.

What rpm were you leaving at btw.

·
Registered
818 Posts
nice times! Hopefully next time i can get my 60 ft down below 2 sec and run something similar

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do you like thos bilsteins for everyday driving? Im thinking about picking a set of those and some h&r super sports.
I like them a lot. I can't say that they ride like stock, but I like the ride better. The car feels very stable and controlled, and over bumps it is firm but not harsh. All in all I'd say they are very good.

Your welcome. :p Those relo brackets were a hard sell on you.

Good work. Thats about my best on the 555s was 1.9X 60s. Only difference was the nsr cams so i ran some 12.8Xs at 111. Good luck on the 12s no reason why not.

What rpm were you leaving at btw.
I didn't buy the relocation brackets from you Rich, I got them from a local shop that I had a gift card to. I think I got them before any of the stuff I got from you. The part you had trouble selling me on was the Bilsteins.

The first run I slipped the clutch out at about 3000, and the second run about 3500. I didn't get any wheelspin either time, but bogged a tad on the 3000. If I had more chances I wanted to try slipping it at 4000 or more since they were hooking, or just sidestepping it at 3000. The odd thing is that the track prep didn't look so good either, a lot of guys weren't hooking. All I did was air the tires down to 20 PSI, and did a quick burnout just by dropping the clutch in 2nd and riding it out of the water. The tires were actually getting sticky though.

I wonder if the lower 60' is more because of the suspension, or the tires, or the gears. Probably all 3. But if I'm launching the same as I did on stock suspension last year, and not spinning, I wonder what it'd do if I got harder on it. I was worried I'd hook worse because of 4.10s, and run slower since I have to hit 4th now. Guess I was all wrong, that's why I'm so happy with my times. I do kinda wonder now though, since I was hooking with these tires, is there any room for improvement with DRs? I guess if I leave at 5500 there is... Next year at the very least I'll have a 1 piece driveshaft, probably pullies and deletes if all goes well. So we'll see if I can do 12s full street trim. I don't remove a goddamn thing from the car at the track.

thanks for the encouragement guys.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I know you didnt buy them from me. But if i remember correctly we had a discussion about them where some reputable shop with a 10second car said he cuts better 60s without relocation brackets.

I like them a lot. I can't say that they ride like stock, but I like the ride better. The car feels very stable and controlled, and over bumps it is firm but not harsh. All in all I'd say they are very good.

I didn't buy the relocation brackets from you Rich, I got them from a local shop that I had a gift card to. I think I got them before any of the stuff I got from you. The part you had trouble selling me on was the Bilsteins.

The first run I slipped the clutch out at about 3000, and the second run about 3500. I didn't get any wheelspin either time, but bogged a tad on the 3000. If I had more chances I wanted to try slipping it at 4000 or more since they were hooking, or just sidestepping it at 3000. The odd thing is that the track prep didn't look so good either, a lot of guys weren't hooking. All I did was air the tires down to 20 PSI, and did a quick burnout just by dropping the clutch in 2nd and riding it out of the water. The tires were actually getting sticky though.

I wonder if the lower 60' is more because of the suspension, or the tires, or the gears. Probably all 3. But if I'm launching the same as I did on stock suspension last year, and not spinning, I wonder what it'd do if I got harder on it. I was worried I'd hook worse because of 4.10s, and run slower since I have to hit 4th now. Guess I was all wrong, that's why I'm so happy with my times. I do kinda wonder now though, since I was hooking with these tires, is there any room for improvement with DRs? I guess if I leave at 5500 there is... Next year at the very least I'll have a 1 piece driveshaft, probably pullies and deletes if all goes well. So we'll see if I can do 12s full street trim. I don't remove a goddamn thing from the car at the track.

thanks for the encouragement guys.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
nice dude good time!

what would a 05 GT with stock gears(5 speed), bbk LT headers, o/r x, ford racing catback, sct tune(dyno) with 317rwhp and 325rwtq with full weight run and roush suspension(prob doesn't help) run? tires say ok tires and ok driver.....

thanks...not trying to threadf jack just wondering really quick.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
to have 317rwhp its got something more than just headers under that hood.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah full exhuast and tune with bbk throttle body and a CAI....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
guy before had a roush blower and 4:10s but took it out before he sold it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts