Modded Mustang Forums banner

New BEST! bone stock 13.37!

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  luvmyGT 
#1 · (Edited)
BONE STOCK 2009 Mustang GT w/9500miles
had even some lounge chairs in the trunk.
Sumitomo HTRZ STREET TIRES
Manual tranny, full interior etc..

2.04 60ft
8.6 1/8
13.37 1/4
104.4mph

As far as I know that is the fastest bone stock S197(05-09)...THAT IVE SEEN
Happend friday night
I'll post pics of the slip soon! very happy with the out come
my other passes were 13.4, 13.4 first pass was horrible a 13.8...then last pass i tried power shifting second but that didnt work out well.

#4 · (Edited)
Not even close to the fastest. I've rune several 13.0X's ... Best being the one below my avatar. That isn't even the close. I think the fastest bone stock runs are in the 12.80's or 12.90's...

Edit: Scratch 12.80's but I think a editor for 5.0 or Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords ran 12.90's on the stock tires. My 13.04 was on the stock P's on a perfect track @ about 60* air temp and almost zero humidity.

#7 ·
hmmm i was considering throwing the mickey and wheels from the v6 but I wont.
I'll just use my BF goodrich G-force tires from the front to the rear. I believe they hook better anyway. I felt my 60ft wouldnt get any better with the tires I had. if so a slight tad. I'm still very happy with the times. for bone stock and 18s.

Towelly did you have any weight removal or any modification at all?
I personally believe the car can do a flat 13 as you did. But my second gear is a bit scratched I cannot power shift 2nd only third. Also Im shifting just as the needle hits red line. you have any recommendations about shifting early or what? Also I finish the 1/4 in third gear as well I dont throw 4th just cause third is basically red lined perfectly

#9 ·
:DThank you

I dont hate V8s...just preffer push rod over modular....and well the 3v grew on my slowly, plus i love how smooth it is over my v6... as far as tranny, and just everything. The car is built better I can tell then the earlier model. Plus i needed a car with warranty and that was new...:D

#24 · (Edited)
:eek:

what kinda 60s were you cutting thats impressive man. also you have 17s or 18s?
towelly, you trapped 106mph bone stock?

I know, I thought the same thing. There was a guy at the track the same day I was running these times with a S197 who would not for the life of him believe I was stock. His 60's were horrible and he was still running 13.8X's 13.9X's.

The 3.55's help and my 60 foots were almost magic because of the track prep and some actual drag car's laying down a ton of rubber. My best 60ft on the stock tires (Stock 17" Bullitt style wheels) is 1.899. That with the rears air'd down to about 17psi. You also have to remember I've been racing down the 1320 since I was 14 and have only ever owned 1 automatic car. :D

I used to archive my strip tickets (Time slips) but I have since quit because the folder was too damn full by the time I was like 18. I'd post a few of my most recent trips, but I am no longer stock so they are irrelavent.

#14 ·
damn you made me feel like a tool lol

13.60 @ 107 2.4 60' (all she would do was spin in 1st, actually stepped out the rear power shifting 2nd it was spinning so bad) mods in sig

good times though. how did you launch yours? if I launched mine above 2k all it would do is blow up the tires and if I tried to go past 3/4 throttle in 1st all it would do is blow up the tires. even tried dropping the tire pressure from 32 to 28 to 26 1/2. still spun the same

#15 ·
good times. nice to see someone in the low 13s. around here i see 197s running 14s all the time.

#19 ·
I know they are bad, trust me. I am not new to drag racing either, I was cutting 1.8's with the cavi in my sig before I started de-modding it.

all this car wants to do is blow up the tires though, like I said I can't even floor it in first even from a roll.

#23 ·
control arms and not much air in your tires will get you a good 60'. also do not heat up street tires before a run... just makes them slick. but good et for sure... mine was pre modded so I have no idea what I would have done stock..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.