Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got the stang to a new best time.

2.0855 60ft
5.8087 330ft
8.8451 1/8th
81.14 1/8th mph
11.4587 1000ft
94.14 1000ft mph
13.6493 1/4
102.69 1/4 mph

Now its time to get this thing to weight transfer better.And i didn't have time to unhook the sway bar like i wanted but i think it did good enough for now.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just have a fuego handheld tuner so i got it as close as i could.And just bolt-ons.I'll type up what it has when i have more time.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
damn dude, nice run. i told you that you should be down around that time:D. no one on the other forum listened to me.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm guessing boltons isn't including heads and cams
No heads or cams here.Yeah some of the members on the other site have told me bolt-ons are usless disspite me proving them wrong with my times.

·
Registered
94 Posts
No heads or cams here.Yeah some of the members on the other site have told me bolt-ons are usless disspite me proving them wrong with my times.
Bolt-ons make all the difference. It doesn't matter what you drive, the engine can always be less restricted!
*Sorry to hi-jack, but what is done to the WS6? :D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is easily proven on an ls1
Um no ls1 here either mine is a 97 lt1(the last year of the lt1).Just bolt-ons same as the stang.It just happens to hook alot better then the stang.Here is whats done to the stang and the TA.
Stang:cai,75mm tb,tb spacer,c&l plenum,steeda udp,steeda timming adjuster,o/r x-pipe,fuego tuner(which i will be selling soon),160 stat,sub-frame connectors,upper control arms and lower control arms.
This is what the TA had.
TA:k&n filter,slp bellows,grannetelli maf ends(stock sensor),52mm tb,lt4 knock module,crane gold 1.6 rr's,march udp,msd cap & rotor,taylor 10.4 plug wires,pacesetter headers,home made x-pipe,flowmaster outlaw race mufflers,tune from pcmforless,double diamond sub frame connectors,umi panhard bar,umi lca's,hotparts.com lca relocation brackets,qa1 coil-overs and shocks,sphon 1" rear sway bar,tci 3500 stall and nitto 245/50/16 dr's.
Hope this ansewers alot of quetions you guys might have.Oh and i say had because it is soon to recive a 355,ported heads and a cam.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
you should be able to knock that down to 13.20s to 13.10s by removing the front sway bar and throwing some 26/10.5/15 et streets on it...... 5k rpm clutch drops FTW :)

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Um no ls1 here either mine is a 97 lt1(the last year of the lt1).Just bolt-ons same as the stang.It just happens to hook alot better then the stang.Here is whats done to the stang and the TA.
Stang:cai,75mm tb,tb spacer,c&l plenum,steeda udp,steeda timming adjuster,o/r x-pipe,fuego tuner(which i will be selling soon),160 stat,sub-frame connectors,upper control arms and lower control arms.
This is what the TA had.
TA:k&n filter,slp bellows,grannetelli maf ends(stock sensor),52mm tb,lt4 knock module,crane gold 1.6 rr's,march udp,msd cap & rotor,taylor 10.4 plug wires,pacesetter headers,home made x-pipe,flowmaster outlaw race mufflers,tune from pcmforless,double diamond sub frame connectors,umi panhard bar,umi lca's,hotparts.com lca relocation brackets,qa1 coil-overs and shocks,sphon 1" rear sway bar,tci 3500 stall and nitto 245/50/16 dr's.
Hope this ansewers alot of quetions you guys might have.Oh and i say had because it is soon to recive a 355,ported heads and a cam.

wow buddy
see what a bolt on ls1 runs and see what a bolt on sn95 GT runs
its like Night and day

a bolt on ls1 has lots to gain

you'll like this video: hmm a bolt on s/c cobra running with/losing to a bolt comaro

yea a bolt on GT is nice but the ls1 just does it better

all though the 3v GTs run pretty damm good with bolt ons. ive seen 12.8s with just intake, exhaust tune and drags

i saved my favorite for last
a local LS1 at moroso(track near me)

ive never seen an 11second bolt on GT of any kind

ls1 with bolt ons PROVES VERY CLEARLY like i said the engine can always be less restricted!
well tscape16 said and i agreed

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
hey blackbird, i think we are going to try for the track both 15th and 29th. probably try my slicks out if there is enough time:)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude i do not have an ls1 car.My car is an lt1.I know full and well that a bolt-on ls1 can make great power.I also know that 4.6 2v's don't respond as well to bolt-ons as ls1's.cmy4d i'd like to try and take off the front sway bar the next time i go.2k2 i won't be able to go to mokan the 15th because i'll be in kc for the midwest shootout and the 29th i'm going to silver dollar city with my family.But one of my brothers might go the 15th.If not i'll try to figure out a date that i'll be able to go and see if you'll be able to come to.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i am about to start tearing mine down to build. after the track runs and a dyno day, i will tear it down. it will be down for a little bit for the build, i dont know how long its going to take.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts