Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it wasn't the best day at the track. It was 90 degrees and 40% humidity, DA was around 2200ft at a track that's only 100ft above sea level. I went and said that if I could match my previous best time, I'd be happy because of the weather conditions today.

The track was a bit on the slick side, so traction wasn't at a premium, especially launching on the 555R's.

[email protected] with a 1.74 60ft time.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
not bad at all

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Night racing at Rockinham with the Hoosier QTP's should give me quite a nice gain on top of that.

I said once I hit 12.5's I'm putting the cams in the car, so next week they'll be on their way to Nick McKinney to have him do his degreeing service on them and I'll order the valvesprings. I won't have anything except the tires before June 11th though, so at least one more night with the stock longblock will happen.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
since your not scared of it, you should see a fair gain IMO with just the tires.

I'll be the first to go out on a limb & say the car probubly has 1.5-2 tenths still in it.

good luck with it.

did you end up getting Will's tires?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just waiting on him to get them off and get me a quote on shipping, and if the shipping isn't stupid from CA to NC, I'll snatch them up.

I DA corrected the time, and with the conditions within 15 minutes of my run, it DA corrected to 12.25.... Now, we get about a month of negative DA at the end of the racing season here, so I think with the addition of the cams, better tires and about 30 more horsepower, you may see a "cam only" Bullitt in the 11's come October/November.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I'm just waiting on him to get them off and get me a quote on shipping, and if the shipping isn't stupid from CA to NC, I'll snatch them up.

I DA corrected the time, and with the conditions within 15 minutes of my run, it DA corrected to 12.25.... Now, we get about a month of negative DA at the end of the racing season here, so I think with the addition of the cams, better tires and about 30 more horsepower, you may see a "cam only" Bullitt in the 11's come October/November.
if it's gonna happen you've go my vote for the one to do it.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence man.
no problem, I would really like to see a cam only new edge in the 11's this year along with a few more stock long block autos in the 12's

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I won't say it launched well on the 555R's, but it did OK, I guess. It was very unpredictable. Oops, I was wrong, on my best run, I only ran a 12.74 60ft. My best for the day was 1.72. I need to change that.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Bolt-On Bullitt... hot damn, I like it.

My 06 is right there where you are with cams and bolt-ons, I bet when I get this thing to hook on the 275 M/T and give me a 1.7 60' I should see a 12.5 at best if I am lucky.

I hope to read you get that 11 n/a. Good luck.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Very nice man congrats. Idk how the hell your pulling off consistent 1.7's and 1.8s with the 555Rs. I went from a 2.0, to a 1.811 (best Ive ever gotten) to a few 1.9's a 2.0 and another couple 1.9's.

Id love to see that thing hit low 12's stock longblock. Its amazing how much more power Im making, but how much faster your car is. Even the trap 108mph, I was trapping 111mph the other night, but the humidity was killing my car. IATs were sky high and pulling a lot of timing.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the extra sidewall I have on my 555R's probably has a lot to do with it Shaun. That, and my car probably weighs 500lbs less than yours.

Did you DA correct your timeslip? I have to around here to see if I'm doing any better in the long run, because it goes from -2000ft to 3000ft during the year, so it's hard to see what if any improvements I'm making without correcting them.

My 12.57 pass corrected to a [email protected], so I know I'm on the right track.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Im not sure how to do that? Or find out what the DA was. But regardless, the car was pulling a lot of timing, so theres almost no point.

I have some 16" v6 wheels, I think Im going to put some Hoosier QTPs on them. So I dont have to worry about feathering it. I want to side step at 4500+rpm

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still feather mine out slightly, I've always gotten the best 60ft times by doing so.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I still feather mine out slightly, I've always gotten the best 60ft times by doing so.
Yep i have yet to just hold it at a certain RPM then dump the clutch, its gonna hook a lot better if you slip it a hair

1 - 20 of 28 Posts