Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was scared I was going to rip the rear end out of it, so I was apprehensive about going to the track, but I told Eddy21 that I would go and run him, but I would have to take it easy off the line.

Ended up getting my new best time.

[email protected] with a soft 1.82 60ft time.

There's still some more weight reduction to do, and the 4.30's are going in since the rear end is sick now anyways, and I'm confident that I can improve on that a lot, especially since I was only launching at 3800rpm instead of my usual 5500rpm.

I wasn't expecting much today, but got more than I expected, which is nice. This little stock block/head/cam 2V may have quite a bit more in her as the year goes on, only time will tell.

Eddy has some video of the run, I think he's going to post it up when he gets home.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Damn man good job! Thats awesome considering you had to take it alittle easier then you wanted too. Congrats

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best part is that 2 MM members were at the track and witnessed the runs, and Eddy got video. So now all the haters can STFU. I was getting pretty sick of people questioning my 12.91 run every time I posted, saying that I had something done that I wasn't talking about.

I believe some people just need to learn how to drive these cars..........

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The best part is that 2 MM members were at the track and witnessed the runs, and Eddy got video. So now all the haters can STFU. I was getting pretty sick of people questioning my 12.91 run every time I posted, saying that I had something done that I wasn't talking about.

I believe some people just need to learn how to drive these cars..........
In your garage you have a good bit of mods listed? Are those what you ran with or was there less? Not questioning, just curious...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's probably pretty accurate, I'll go check, but it's an untouched 2V longblock, stock from oilpan to valve covers.

edit: just checked, everything's correct except the car no longer has nitrous on it, it's on Eddy21's car now.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now it's 100% correct, took the nitrous off, and changed the exhaust to what's actually on it now.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
With slicks or DRs I can see you pulling 12s out of that. I've been to the track twice ever and pulled a 13.7 out of my car while bogging off the line. I have made maybe 10 passes before and have only ran DRs twice and managed that. So I know I can get further into the 13s.
I think with a good catback I can get low 13...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I should have clarified that my comments about being called a liar were not from this forum, it was another forum that Shaun and I were once active members of. I know there's some fast cars on here, and that people understand that suspension mods make a car faster.

None of that was really directed to anyone here on MM, I actually kind of like this place.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I guess I should have clarified that my comments about being called a liar were not from this forum, it was another forum that Shaun and I were once active members of. I know there's some fast cars on here, and that people understand that suspension mods make a car faster.

None of that was really directed to anyone here on MM, I actually kind of like this place.
yes I remember that too. Most of the people on those forums were tools. The only people I would read posts by was pretty much you, mell0 sillyrabbit and Fobra.

Do you still post over there?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, but less and less every week...

It's just too slow. There's some good people over there, but it's overrun by idiots nowadays.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah, I go over there to see what they talk about sometimes, but it seems like most of the posts are like "my mustang vs xxxxxx" lol.

Tell Rabbit to post over here again, he did but I havent seen him in a while.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's cut off from the digital world for a little while, but he'll be back. As soon as he gets done, he'll text me, and start to catch up a bit.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Ohhh okay, sounds like hes grounded lol. Military?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah......... He's "camping", I guess would be the best way to put it.......

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
nice. thers a 50 in it for shure.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That's Awesome. Congrats! Track and weather conditions must of been decent. I see 1.6 60 fts and low 12s in your future. Nice!
I was supposed to hit up the 1/4 today but got rained out.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The track was absolutely perfect today. They were running brackets, so there was tons of fresh rubber on it. I wanted to let it eat, but didn't want to leave rear axle parts all over the track. I was amazed at my self control.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice times! I can easily see you running those times with your mods. My full weight Bullitt with bolt-ons and 3.73s turned a [email protected] on street tires leaving the line at idle. I have COMPLETELY stock suspension; not even the sway bar removed. I have LCA's on the way and just popped in some Comp 262 cams yesterday and hoping to turn around mid/high [email protected] with drag radials.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it is now............ lol

The only advantage the Explorer engine has is that it's 80lbs lighter. It dyno'd 3rwhp higher than the 105k mile stock engine. I'd call that close enough.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts