Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just installed my new brake rotors today, all 4 rotors are now baer oem replacement cross drilled and sloted, so i there installed and i did a test drive and when i drove i heard them rubbing against the pads, and when i got home and looked there were streeks on my rotors, same with the back, is that normal when installing new brakes rotors??

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did the same swap but only on the front. For about the first 500 miles they don't sound or feel so great but thats just them breaking in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
haha its all good!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well I'm in My auto class and I asked him, and he said it's because I used my old pads, but there like 4 months old EBC red stuff pads, and he said I need to to get new pads with the new rotors
how many miles were on the old rotors? what happens when you change the pads and not the rotors is the pad begins to shape to the old rotor so when you put on new rotors you need new pads unless the pads are only like a few days old, otherwise you get tons of brake dust, noises and or the lines you see there

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
you need new pads with the new rotors. did you follow the breaking in instructions that came with your bear rotors as well. they need to be seasoned then your new pads should be bedded
http://www.baer.com/technical/braking-202/index.php
INstructions that come with them can sometimes be helpful :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.